Telling Family (Alfred's)

(Ivan's family is up next!)
       Ivan and Alfred have been going out for about two weeks now, and Ivan had noticed that neither of them have told their family members. "Fredka?" Ivan calls his boyfriend, though Alfred wasn't paying attention, he was too busy playing video games, "Fredka." Ivan calls to him sternly, and Alfred replies with a simple, "hm?" Ivan sighs,
       "We have been going out for a bit now, don't you think we should tell people?" Ivan asks, Alfred freezes, "what do you mean?" "Well, I just think we shouldn't keep us a secret, we're not ashamed of each other, da?" Alfred smiles as he gets up to go place a kiss on Ivans cheek, "of course not," "good, then why don't you call over your family so I can meet them properly," Ivan could see the fear in Alfreds face, "m-my family? S-sure! I can totally do that!"
       "I'll go call them now.."
       Ring Ring "hello?" "Hey, Arthur.." Alfred says into the phone, "oh, hello old chap, what's the problem?" "Oh! N-nothing! I just was calling to ask if you, Matthew and Francis wanted to come over my apartment for dinner?" Alfred say nervously, "hmm, what's the occasion?" Britain wonders, "uh, I kinda want you to meet someone important to me.." "Oh, I see, and who might that be?" Arthur says suspiciously, "u-uh you're gonna have to come over and find out!"

Ok so here we go:
      Let's just say their reactions may be priceless to us but confusing for Ivan and nerve racking for Alfred.
      The only person who knew that Alfred was gay, was Matthew, so it was a pretty big surprise for Francis, and especially, Arthur, to find out about something like this, especially if it's Alfred, they raised him! Of course they'd be surprised. But that wasn't exactly a worry for Alfred, he knew they'd accept him, but he was afraid they wouldn't except Ivan due to the past.
       The whole thing went down when they were just sitting on the couch and Alfred decided that it was time they meet his boyfriend (cue Francis and Arthurs reaction to him coming out like: 👀) and then when Alfred brought Ivan out, everyone, including Mattie, thought it was a joke.
       It kinda hurt Alfreds feelings a bit, but he understood why, so it didn't affect him too much. But the whole time Britain kinda lashed out at Ivan. I'd imagine him saying stuff like "you hurt my son and I'll shove my scone so far down your throat-" and then going all demon white-eyed- like how it looks in the show- and Ivan would just stand there with a smile on his face and an aura surrounding him because it bugs him that people would think that he would hurt someone he loves.
      Francis didn't really make a big deal, though he was very surprised. (he secretly ships it 😏) being the naturally loving person France is, he quickly accepted Ivan into the family.
      Now Matthew was a bit worried for his brother, though that's only because in the past he felt very intimidated by Russia (cue flashbacks of that one episode where Russia sits on him oof) but is overall pretty accepting and supptive of Alfred and Ivan being happy together.
      Overall, the face family is very protective of one another and would hate to see one of them get hurt, especially if they enter into a relationship, no matter who it is, they'll always have each others backs. They each just show it differently. Arthur gets right in your face about it and comes off as angry but calms down after a nice chat and a cup of tea, Francis is accepting and is always up for giving out advice, and Matthew is skeptical yet supportive and loving.
      And that's about it! Don't worry, Ivan may have some getting used to, but he becomes pretty close with the face family. Probably because he didn't have a lot of family in his past and mostly had to fend for himself besides the obvious Miss Ukraine, so he adores spending time with close family.