Planning; part 1

This was it. Ivan and Alfred had been dating for almost three years and the two had never been happier. Their anniversary was coming up, and Ivan thought it was time to take it to the next level. That's right, on the night of their anniversary, Ivan planned to propose to Alfred! It had to be the perfect moment though, which is why Ivan is planning the most perfect night with his beloved. Since Alfred and Ivan were staying at the mansion in Moscow, Ivan thankfully had the help of the Baltic's to make this night extra special.
"Lithuania, Estonia, Latvia, I need the three of you to help me pick a ring for my sunflower," the Baltic's looked at each other in shock, "a-a ring? Mr. Russia, are you... are you gonna propose to Mr. America?" Estonia asked and Ivan nodded, "da, I am, which is why I need all three of you to help me setup a perfect night, starting with the ring," "yes, sir!" They walked out to their car but little did Ivan know the three boys we're planning a little friendly competition. "I bet you I can find the perfect ring for Mr. Russia," Estonia boasted to Lithuania, "what? No way, I've known Mr. America way longer then you have, so that means I know his, and Russias tastes," "oh yeah? Well if you can find a ring better then mine, then I'll owe you 20 bucks," "deal!" Raivas just walked and rolled his eyes, "oh please," he said quietly to himself.
The three of them proceeded to take Ivan to jewelry shop, "alright, can you three look around, pick something out and then bring it too me?" They nodded and looked around, each picking out a ring that Ivan would like and that suited Alfred best. "I found this one, Mr. Russia," Lithuania held out a gold band with a single silver stripe down the middle, Russia looked at it up close before shaking his head, "it's too basic," he said bluntly, causing Toris to sink in a bit of fear, "s-sorry, sir," he said quietly before rushing behind Edward who was up next. Seeming confident, Edward pulled out a rose gold band with diamonds going around the entire ring, "it's very flashy..." Edward perked up for a moment, "I don't think a ring like that would suit the both of us," Edward then sank and sighed in defeat as he goes behind Raivas, the last to show off. "It's really not much..." he said pulling out a silver band with a gold chain wrapping around (in the picture!) "it's..." Ivan held it up into the light, taking a closer look before placing a hand on the boys shoulder,

"it's perfect,"

"I know it's- wait, what?!" Raivas and the rest of the Baltic's were shocked, "I said it's perfect for my возлюбленная (beloved)," (please correct my translations if they're wrong! I'm getting them from google translate 😅) "I... I... I can't believe it... how did Latvia get the win?!" Edward said in the back of the shop while he watched Russia buy the ring with Raivas standing right behind him, smirking at the two. "I know... I can't believe we owe him 20 bucks each..." Toris said, looking through his wallet. Let's just say all was good and Russia never found out about that competition...
~END~
_____
Hey peeps, just a reminder that is part one of the lead up to the proposal which is gonna be in the next chapter. I thought it would be a cute idea that Russia picks out a ring that Raivas brought up because he's just a kid and doesn't really think too highly of himself, ya know? But I also thought it would be a cute idea to have Alfreds wedding ring as some sort of chain! I don't know why, but you can definitely come up with the deeper meaning to it lol but anyways I'll be updating a new chapter soon!