Chapter 1

Lisa hates these things. Don’t be mistaken, she loves meeting and getting to know her fans, but she hates the hectic nature that events by YG tend to have.

Everything moves too quickly for Lisa’s taste. Even when things aren’t moving fast – when things begin to slow down and she gets to sit behind the safety of a long, white table – it’s still not calm. Because when things aren’t fast, they’re loud.Voices are booming and overlapping and Lisa isn’t sure whose voice belongs to whom.

It reminds her of this dream she used to have when she was younger. She would lay still in her bed, tucked deep into her covers, and as soon as her eyes shut and sleep took her away, everything would be loud.

Eventually, it would become so loud that the noise itself would turn into a long, endless scream. Lisa would clutch at her ears with enormous hands and yell at herself to wake up, please wake up, but it was useless. She wouldn’t wake until hours later with the scream still echoing in her skull.

“What do you think the scream means?” Lisa’s childhood therapist would ask as she sat across the table from the old, silver-haired man.

“Dunno,” Lisa would echo in response and continue scribbling away on the sheets of plain, white paper presented in front of her.

“Don’t you want to try and take a guess at what it might mean?” Her therapist would press on, trying to get something out of the young girl.

“No. I just want it to go away.”

As Lisa grew older, the dream stopped coming. At this point in her life, she barely thought of it at all unless something prompted her. Today, that something happened to be a Fansigning by YG in Daegu.

“Lisa!” BamBam’s voice breaks through the madness and the brunette snaps her head up, widening her eyes at her old childhood friend and now manager, “Hello? Lisa? Are you in there?”

“Yeah, I’m… I’m sorry,” Lisa shakes her head and turns her attention back to the bubbly blue-haired teenage girl in front of her, “Hey, sweet shirt!”

The girl looks down at her 'Single, Taken, Mentally dating Lalisa Manoban' shirt and bears a large grin, “I… thank you. You’re so pretty in real life. I don’t know what to say.”

“Me? Pretty? Stop lying,” Lisa jokes and uncaps her Sharpie, “What’s your name, cutie?”

“Oh my God, Lisa Manoban just called me cute,” The fan squeals and the girl by her side squeezes her arm, “I’m Minyu.”

“Beautiful name, Minyu,” Lisa smiles and scribbles a message to the girl on a photo of herself that she regrets taking, “Are you coming to the show later?”

“Of course,” Minyu does something adorably strange with her hands that Lisa tries not to laugh at, “I’ll go to anything that you do.”

“Aw, you’re too nice, Minyu,” Lisa purses her lips into a sincere grin, “See you later!”