Chapter 12

Jennie sits on Lisa's couch with her hands folded, trying to look anywhere but at the girl in front of her with her head in her hands. She'd been this way since they arrived at her home – quiet, unresponsive.

"You don't have to, you know," Jennie says lightly, trying to keep her voice low enough not to startle Lisa, "You can... you can stop telling the story now if you'd be more comfortable."

"No," Lisa says hoarsely and looks up, tears ready to spill from her red eyes, "I'll tell you. I... I have to tell someone."

Jennie nods and leans back against the couch slightly, "Okay."

Lisa takes in a shaky breath and composes herself as best as she can.

"It happened on a Friday."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Shit," Chaeyoung curses, crawling across her bedroom floor on all fours.

Lisa peaks out of the bathroom and raises an eyebrow at the scene, "You lose something?"

"A ring, our couple ring," Chaeyoung grumbles in response, beginning to shove the top half of her body under the bed, "Remind me why we're doing this again?"

"Because we care about this," Lisa says and plays with her couple ring in her hands, "Y'know, charity."

Charity truly was the purpose of the event – YG had organized a party at a club in Seoul for the kickoff of a new campaign they were launching. It wasn't anything that big – just a bunch members from the korean music business.

"Can't we just call in sick?" Chaeyoung groans as she rises back to her feet, giving up on looking for her ring.

Lisa smiles and wraps her arms around Chaeyoung's waist, rising on her toes to be at eye level with the other woman, "We can't call in sick for charity, Chaeyoung

Lisa smiles and wraps her arms around Chaeyoung's waist, rising on her toes to be at eye level with the other woman, "We can't call in sick for charity, Chaeyoung."

"Maybe you can't."

"Come on, it'll be fun," Lisa laughs, pressing her lips once to Chaeyoung's own for good measure, "I promise."

____________________________________________

Lisa's promise is fulfilled. After downing a couple of drinks, Chaeyoung can't help but agree that the party is, in fact, not as terrible as she had anticipated. In fact, it's pretty great. At one point, Jin-Woo jumps onto the table of a secluded booth, serenading everybody in immediate hearing range. An hour or so later, one guy gets too drunk and makes out with a straight, male rapper in the middle of the dance floor.