Chapter 2

Lisa wants to text Chaeyoung first, she really does. Her fingers hover over the keypad of her phone for what feels like hours before she sighs heavily and tosses her phone to the other side of the couch. She doesn't usually have this problem. Lisa's usually completely fine with the idea of texting a friend first (because Chaeyoung is just a friend), but not now. Not when the person receiving the text is Park Chaeyoung, the one and only Rosé - someone who manages to be both extremely approachable and devastatingly intimidating at the same time. Lisa's not quite sure how she does it.

Also she knows that if she were to send Chaeyoung a message (even something as simple as hey, wanna grab lunch?), there's a good chance Chaeyoung would say no. Because unlike Lisa, Chaeyoung isn't sitting around in her apartment waiting for the other girl to fucking text her.

To make matters worse, Lisa and Chaeyoung haven't seen each other in nearly a month. Both of them had been so busy that even contacting each other to meet up was too time-consuming.

Ding.

Lisa snaps out of her thoughts and looks over at her phone resting on the other side of the couch. The screen lights up and even at a distance, Lisa recognizes Chaeyoung's name. She dives for the device and then takes a brief moment to reflect on the fact that she is a twenty-three year old woman that just dove like a teenager for a text from her crush. And then she remembers that there's a message from Chaeyoung waiting for her and she pushes all childish thoughts aside.

》》Are you busy?

Lisa bites her lip and decides to wait a few minutes before responding so she doesn't seem too desperate. She makes it ten full seconds before she gives in and types out her reply.

》》Not at all. You have something in mind?

Chaeyoung's response comes back near-instantly as well.

》》No. Just wanted to know that you were spending your afternoon alone in your apt. Carry on.

Lisa grins at her phone and feels heat rise to her cheeks. Another text from Chaeyoung comes in a few seconds later:

》》Just kidding. Wanna get lunch?

》》You're such a funny person. NOT. But lunch sounds good.

_____________________________________________

And so, an hour later, Lisa is sitting opposite Chaeyoung at a small restaurant in Daegu. The only problem is that she's having trouble focusing on Chaeyoung's words because she's doing this new thing with her hair - the majority of it is pulled back into a loose bun and the front few strands are hanging freely, sculpting her face. All Lisa can pay attention to is the way that the sun shines through the window beside them and gives Chaeyoung a golden glow.

 All Lisa can pay attention to is the way that the sun shines through the window beside them and gives Chaeyoung a golden glow

"Lisa? You there?" Chaeyoung laughs, her lips stretching over a smile.

Lisa nods quickly, "Yeah, sorry. Just a little bit distracted."