Chapter 4

It takes Lisa a while to settle into Seoul. She hates the mass of people and the hectic and the fact that she sees at least five plastic surgery clinics every day when she goes out. But it gets better. After two months, Lisa stops rolling her eyes every time she leaves her house. She gets used to it.

"So I was thinking..." Tzuyu says one morning; legs curled under herself as closes the book that she had previously been engrossed in. She has on glasses that are too big for her face and a t-shirt that's too big for her body but Lisa thinks she looks best this way.

Adorable

Adorable. "What if we went away for a weekend sometime?"

"Away?" Lisa raises an eyebrow and looks up from her Sudoku book, "Me and you?"

"Yeah, is that... is that weird? Is it too soon?" Tzuyu frowns and buries her hands in her lap - one of her many nervous ticks.

"No!" Lisa immediately backtracks, "It's... that sounds great, Tzu. Where do you want to go?"

Tzuyu shrugs, "I don't know. Somewhere quiet, maybe. I like the idea of -"

When Lisa's phone starts ringing, Tzuyu pauses. On a usual Sunday morning, if Lisa's phone were to go off, she would immediately silence it and turn her attention back to her girlfriend. But as Lisa's eyes lock onto the name that flashes across her screen, a smile spreads through her face and she presses the phone to her ear.

"What's up, man?"

Lisa doesn't notice Tzuyu's face fall.

"Guess where I am right now?" Chaeyoung's voice rings through the phone, loud and clear and perfectly Chaeyoung.

"I give up. Where are you?"

"I've just arrived in Incheon! I'm at the airport," Chaeyoung responds, "About to get in a train to my appartment."

"You're... wait, what?!" Lisa's eyes widen and Tzuyu's mouthing the words 'what's going on?' beside her.

"Well, it's not my appartment. I'm just renting it for a month while I shoot this new music video thing I'm working on. Anyway, surprise! I'm here!"

 Anyway, surprise! I'm here!"