Chapter 19 - FINAL

Waiting, Lisa finds, is easier said than done. She waits a week, and then two, and then three, but she still doesn't hear from Chaeyoung. Instead, all she gets is one-on-one meetings with Jisoo where all the black haired has to offer her is pitiful smiles and brief updates about how the other girl is doing.

"If it makes you feel any better," Jisoo speaks up, pouring herself a second glass of red wine, "Chaeyoung hasn't spoken to Joy in a while."

"Aren't they pretty serious? How can she just ignore her like that?"

Jisoo laughs so abruptly that it makes Lisa jump just a bit, "The girl hasn't spoken to you in a month and you're asking me how she can ignore her girlfriend? God, Lisa, you really are something else."

Lisa sinks down into her couch, "Chaeyoung doesn't owe me anything."

"The hell she does," Jisoo rolls her eyes, "Lisa, you two were practically engaged before you left. I'll agree that after a year you shouldn't expect her to fall back into your arms, but she does owe you, at the very least, a conversation."

"I don't know," Lisa shrugs, nervously picking at her fingernails, "I've been thinking about leaving Seoul."

"Excuse me?"

"There's no reason for me to be here. There used to be, back before I left, but now? What's the point? I've always hated this city, I'm not doing the whole YG thing anymore, I'm not working on any projects that are keeping me here, and Chaeyoung has moved on and she has her own life now. I don't belong here anymore, Jisoo."

"What about me?" Jisoo gapes, bringing a hand to her chest.

"You know I love you, but... I don't know. I just feel so out of place here these days."

Jisoo sets her wine glass down and rests her forehead in her palms, mumbling a faint, "Where would you even go?"

"Daegu, maybe. Or even back to Thailand, I could be closer to my family."

"No. Your family is here, Lisa. Chaeyoung and I? We're your family. You can't just leave, not after all we've been through."

"I wish things were the same as they were before. I would do anything to have that back, Jisoo, you know that. But... I don't know how much longer I can feel like this. It hurts."

There's a long silence before Jisoo speaks up again.

"If you think that this is what will make you happy, then... you should do it."

Lisa exhales in relief, "Thank you. You have no idea how much your support means."

"But I'm going to need you to call me at least three times a week, deal?"

"Deal."

_____________________________________________

Lisa begins to pack her life into boxes no more than two days after telling Jisoo of her plans to move. She figures that if she doesn't start right away, she'll never get around to it - and she needs to get around to it. She doesn't think she'll survive another month in Seoul. Well, maybe she could survive here, but she doesn't think she'll survive another month waiting around for Chaeyoung.