Chaper 9

Lisa thinks she’s dreaming. That’s the only logical explanation, really. This morning she woke up and Chaeyoung was there, curled at her side, breathing softly through pink lips. There’s a brief second where Lisa tells herself that maybe it was all a dream – maybe there’s a logical, platonic explanation for why Chaeyoung is laying naked beside her. As the idea starts to sink in, Lisa recognizes the bruises lining Chaeyoung’s throat from where her teeth once were and – oh, this is real.

It’s so real it makes Lisa’s chest ache.
Chaeyoung wakes up with a groan and covers her slow-forming grimace with her hand.

“Good morning?” Lisa questions cautiously, internally freaking out at the idea of Chaeyoung regretting what they did last night.

“We’re going to have to tell Jisoo, aren’t we?” Chaeyoung frowns, peeking through her fingers at Lisa.

Lisa exhales in relief, “I thought you were going to bolt on me for a second, Rosé.”

“Don’t flatter yourself,” Chaeyoung waves a hand to dismiss the idea, “I don’t get out of bed before eight for anybody.”

“Noted,” Lisa laughs and tightens her grip around Chaeyoung’s shoulders, “But to answer your question, we don’t have to tell Jisoo. At least not yet.”

“You’d be okay with that?”

Lisa shrugs, “It’d be kind of fun, having a secret girlfriend. And it’s not like I’d have to hide in the closet or anything – that’s all you.”

Chaeyoung rolls her eyes, “I… I do want to tell her, just not yet. I want this to be our thing for a little while.”

“I’d like that, too.”

“Oh God,” Chaeyoung suddenly exclaims and sits upright in bed, not bothering to clutch her sheet to her chest, “Lisa.”

“Yes?” Lisa raises an eyebrow.

“Do we have to tell the Internet?”

Lisa laughs, loud and clear, and reaches out to grab Chaeyoung’s wrist in comfort, “When have any of the three of us ever told the Internet who we were dating?”

Chaeyoung nods and falls back onto the bed, “But don’t you think they’ll figure it out?”

“Last I checked, they already have. They all talking about 'Chaelisa'. But don’t worry about it, alright? If they figure it out, they figure it out. We can worry about that when we get there. We have bigger things to worry about right now.”

“Like?”

“Like how you’re not wearing any clothes and I have nothing to do today,” Lisa grins and before Chaeyoung can say that she has a meeting at nine, she’s disappeared beneath the sheets.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Question,” Jennie holds up a hand, signaling Lisa to pause so she can interrupt, “Chaeyoung is a singer, she is like giving shows and uploading videos on YouTube, right?”