Chapter 20 - EPILOG

Lisa appreciates silence. Ever since she was a child, everything's been so loud. Her parents were always arguing and screaming about something, and when she fell asleep, her dreams would make her head ache from how painfully they pierced through her ears.

All of the noise in her past makes Lisa appreciate days like today - days where she can sit on her back porch with a good book and a cup of tea and watch her wife and son play together on their lawn. Luca had woken the pair of them up by pulling his small body atop their bed and making a simple request: water gun fight. While Lisa had groaned and rolled over atop the king-sized mattress, Chaeyoung had agreed near instantly.

Before Luca was born, Lisa had thought she would be the one to spoil the boy senseless, but it turned out to be Chaeyoung

Before Luca was born, Lisa had thought she would be the one to spoil the boy senseless, but it turned out to be Chaeyoung. Whenever he looked up at her with dark eyes peering through thick, brown curls, Chaeyoung couldn't say no.

And so now Lisa's watching Chaeyoung pretend to fall to the ground in pain as Luca sprays her down with his super soaker.

"Any last words?" Luca asks as he climbs over Chaeyoung's body and points his water gun at her chest.

Chaeyoung takes in a shaky breath and shuts her eyes before choking out a simple, "Eat... your vegetables."

Luca's face falls for a second before he scrunches his eyebrows together and screams out a loud "NEVER!" - holding his finger down on the trigger of his super soaker and thoroughly drenching Chaeyoung.

"Alright, alright, that's enough," Lisa laughs, putting her book down and slowly heading towards her family, "Are you two ready for lunch yet?"

"Mom can't eat because she's dead," Luca giggles and stares down at Chaeyoung as she lays limp on the ground.

"Huh, what a shame." Lisa said with a bride smile.

"I'm gonna take you with me!" Chaeyoung suddenly exclaims, wrapping her arms around her son and pulling him to the ground next to her. Her fingers tickle relentlessly at Luca's sides as he shrieks with joy.

Lisa rolls her eyes but can't help but snicker at the pair, "You guys are too much. I'm gonna go make lunch."

"Can I help?" Luca manages to say as Chaeyoung eases her grip on the boy.

"Change your clothes first," Lisa laughs, eyeing the way that Luca's shirt hangs loosely off his body with the weight of water, "Same goes for you, sexy noona."

"Fine, fine," Chaeyoung complies, reaching out and letting Luca take her hand, "Let's get changed, little one."

"I'm not little, I'm six," Luca frowns but still holds tightly onto Chaeyoung's fingers. This was a frequent fight that the two of them shared - Chaeyoung telling Luca he was small, and Luca trying to argue against it.

"Sorry, sorry. You're right, you're not little - by the time you're seven you might even be taller than your mom."

"I can still hear you two! And Chaeyoung-ie... you're only one inch taller" Lisa yells from inside of their house and Luca clamps a hand to his mouth to suppress his giggle.