Chapter Seven: All for Roses

Maybe the market? That might be a good place. Maybe Mab would know something. And Wolfie might still be in the woods. I haven't checked on him. Maybe-

"Matty!"

I made a small oof noise as Rose ran up to me and hugged me tightly. She already had her makeup done and looked ready to go. She looked like a biker with a thirst for blood honestly. It was a bit scary, but I wasn't going to tell her that. I was so used to her showing off her sex appeal or the chilled out version where she's in sweat pants and a pony tail. My chest ached at the memory of hanging out in her place and spending time together while she cooked something for the two of us and some silly pop song playing in the background. 

"What's wrong?" Rose asked. 

"Ah, nothing, just a little tired." I lied. 

"A little tired?" Aine asked. "I'm not sure you understand what a little tired means! You kept us up-"

"Aine," Orisin said. 

Rose smiled and I relaxed a little. 

"I can't wait to show you around!" Rose pushed me around to show me what the area was like. These people got a small section of the city to close down for the filming. There were a bunch of lights and cords everywhere with people bustling about. "Can you believe it?" Rose went over to the food table and held a cup cake for me.

I took it and bit into it.

"Matty, whatever you're thinking-" Orisin tried to talk.

"Good luck," Aine said, "no one can distract her from Rose."

She didn't have to say it with such a huff. I glared.

"Ah, good point. Do you think we should kidnap her and take her with us until Keeva figures something out?" Orisin asked as his lips turned into a small smile. 

I fumed silently.

"What's wrong?"

I looked back at her. She looked a lot healthier now since when I first met her. She gained a little weight and it filled out her face. Her eyes glittered. Maybe it was the make up or maybe they got her some fancy contacts-

Nah, her eyes always looked like that.

"Nothing."

Rose frowned. "You don't look like you've gotten a lot of sleep."

"It's nothing."

Rose shook her head. "It's not nothing-"

"Rose, we need you to shoot this scene!" Someone called to her. She sighed and looked back at me.

"Later," she said.

She walked away and I followed. Drake would've said something sarcastic now. Why can I hear it now? Why didn't-

"Matty," Oisin said, walking backwards in front of Rose. He watched my face with a slight frown.

"You need to stop looking like someone died." Aine said.

"Really, I do think Keeva knows what she's doing." Orisin said.

"This is her thing," Aine said. "Why are you so worried?"

And why am I so scared? I've been apart from Drake before. I've done it for months, but it wasn't because someone ripped him away from me. He chose. And all I can see is the bloody face. It's all I can see. Shouldn't I-