Chapter Twenty-Nine: Behind the Camera

The weekend came, thank god. 

I sent the info I got from the scene to Ari and Dexter. I hadn't heard anything back from them, but I'll take that as good news. 

"So...are you going to help Rose?" Aine asked as I worked on my coffee. 

"Aine, I'm not even up yet." 

"Or do you want to talk to Antonio?" 

"Probably hang out with Rose." I said instantly as I took another sip of coffee. 

Orisin, sitting next to me with another book of poetry, snorted, but didn't say anything. 

"So forever avoid the vampire?" Aine said. 

"Might be wise," Orisin said. "If he did kill the boy's father than Antonio kind of looks like-"

"The bad guy," I said. "Am I the bad guy?" 

Orisin shrugged and Aine sat on top of my head before saying, "If you are the villain, then shouldn't you really be having more sex? And shouldn't I be having more sex?" Orisin made a startled noise. "What? This is a legitatimate question because all the villains in human TV shows seem to have a lot of sex appeal meaning they get to have a lot of sex." 

"I think I need to monitor your TV consumption." I said. "What have you been watching?" 

"I think it's called a telenovela!" Aine said, proudly.  

"If maybe we'd get alone time than maybe," Orisin said as he tried to bury himself in the book. 

"Oh god, can you guys just not have sex on my bed?" I asked.  

"Probably the most action it's seen-"

"AINE!" Orisin and I yelled both at the same time.

                                                ___________________________  

Rose walked toward the cameras. The lights loved her. Her skin sparkled with highlighter. She looked like a freakin' diamond. It was a bit hard not to gawk at her. Or to not think about how the other day she kissed me. That was a little harder. 

It was to some pop, sugary sweet song that wasn't really my thing, but Rose made it her thing for the video. 

The music video was set in the rich part of town where the streets still had that cobblestone street that made this part of the city look old and magical. It appeared the singer paid people in the tall slim houses to stay in or kick them out for the weekend so they wouldn't get involved in the suit. 

It was almost too sweet. 

Rose grinned at me from in front of the cameras. I took photos of her mostly. That felt like the point, something for her portfolio to prove she was there. Maybe she'd post it on her instagram and tag me like she usually did. 

"It would be easier, wouldn't it?" Aine asked, landing on top of my head. "Just fall in love with another human and let Drake protect you. It would be alright then, wouldn't it?" I didn't respond. "But that's not how it worked out, is it? I think that's okay." 

"Aine, leave her alone." Orisin. 

"It's the truth though. It would be easier. Rose isn't complicated." Aine said. Was she trying to cheer me up? Because if she was, she was doing a shit job about it. "I mean, it wouldn't be easy, but it would be less complicated. Drake is a faerie. Immortal. And there's the whole being married before Matty. And let's be honest, that's the least of this issues." 

Maybe if I hit her with a fly swatter she would stop? 

"I'm sorry." 

I actually put down the camera at that.