Chapter : Nineteen

Chapter : 19

Rishav's POV

"Here's your schedule for the games," Mr Malhotra, my cricket coach, said as he handed me the papers.

"Hmm." I nodded as I took them.

"Make sure you put it on the notice board before you leave," he instructed over his shoulder as he made his way to his car in the stadium's parking lot.

It was Tuesday morning and Mr Malhotra had called me over to the stadium to meet him before school hours. Of course, me being the captain's closest ally in the team, had to show up without any excuses. Why did Ravi have to be out of station?

I pinned the papers serially over the notice board and clicked a picture of each sheet on my phone so that I could have access to it even if I didn't have the papers.

Walking out of the stadium, I started walking to the school campus.

Yes, I still have my bike lying in the repair shop.

***

"Mr Neil," Mrs Arora spoke as she looked at me. Her sharp features turning hostile as my name left her mouth. Yeah, she hates me, make it official now.

I sighed and raised my hand to gesture where I was in the class and that I was listening.

"Your summary was below average. I want you to rewrite it and I want it on my desk next week. No excuses," she hissed.

"What the..." I mumbled under my breath and put my head over the desk while that devil of a teacher turned her attention to the rest of the class, blabbering about active and passive voices.

"You should have simply accepted my help and not been all stubborn and immature." Ananya's annoying voice reached my ears.

"Can we please not start on this?" I pleaded with a sigh.

"Fine." She shrugged.

The bell rang, much to my relief and that lovely -note the sarcasm, she's a witch, I tell you- teacher walked her way out of the class.

"Congratulations. You have another pending assignment to do," Kabir threw over his shoulder, seated in front of us.

"Oh, shut it!" I snapped, irritated, and kicked his chair hard.

"Whoa, take it easy man." Kabir yapped as he stumbled forward with the chair.

"I can help you." 

Both I and Kabir whipped our heads to look at Ananya sitting next to me. She had a serious expression which made it difficult to laugh on that joke of hers.

"Why are you here anyway? Was Ravi so happy to get rid of you? I guess so." I said.

"That's not the point here," Ananya sang, ignoring my remark.

"I don't want you to do my assignment. I was clear about it already," I said, furrowing my brows.

"I know that. All I said is that I will help. I believe I didn't mention anything such as writing the summary on your behalf. There's a difference there," Ananya said.

"I'm listening," I said.

"I've read the first summary you had prepared and I guess there's just a bit of grammatical error and issues with sentence framing. I can help you correct those mistakes and you will have a presentable assignment and a satisfied Mrs Arora." Ananya finished.

"And tell me this: why do you tend to help me?" I asked.

She frowned at that question.

"Just lock the deal, man. You don't get such great opportunities every day," Kabir spoke.

"Fine. But I know why you're trying to get me into this. Because if she doesn't help, it's you I will cling onto anyway," I said and Kabir laughed.

"Okay then, I can come over to your place tomorrow evening. Will that be alright?" Ananya asked.

"Uh... I have plans and I don't think we can start until Saturday," I said.

"But that leaves us only two days-" She stopped and then glanced at her phone.

"Oh, that's a coincidence. Even I am busy the coming three days. Okay then, fine," she said, looking back up at me.

Finally, we agreed to meeting at my place on Saturday.