Chapter : Twenty Three

Chapter : 23

Rishav's POV

After the volunteer was done talking to us, he told us to get to our dorm rooms and place all our belongings in there. We were asked to show up at the dormitory common room at 10:00 am.

I strolled out of the common room with Kabir and the other guys. Somewhere in the crowding students, I didn't realize I lost Ananya. Eh, she'll be fine. She was talking to that short, bob cut-haired girl anyway.

Kabir and I stopped by the corridors, checking our phones.

"Any updates about the Cricket Championship? I heard the opponents are strong this year," Kabir sparked off a conversation.

***

Ananya's POV

"Yeah, I'll see you at 10:00. Bye!" I spoke to Di who waved her hands and walked off with her group to their respective dorm rooms.

I turned to look at the door with the inscribed letters: AF-240.

Muttered profanities rolled out off my tongue when I rummaged through my backpack and realized that I didn't have my key to the room! Where was it?

I stopped looking for it and stood still when I finally recalled. Rishav had the key to the dorm room.

"Ughhh! Why's life such a hell!" I couldn't help but scream.

Most of the passers turned to look at my distressed state with amused eyes. I didn't have Rishav's number. Nor did I have any idea about where he was. The corridors soon turned desolate as the students got into their own rooms while I kept pacing to and fro in front of that locked door.

15 minutes later, I was sitting over my luggage bag. My chin in my palms. I was thinking of ways to kill that green eyed boy who has been nowhere. The most appealing one was to throw all my stuff at him, aiming his head mainly.

"Ananya? It's you, right?" a husky voice called out to me.

I turned to face the guy with hazel eyes and slightly curly, dark hair. He seemed vaguely familiar and I felt I had seen him somewhere... But where?

I frowned as I failed to recognize him.

"Yes?" I asked as politely as I could.

"I'm sure you forgot me, cheetah," he said and smiled.

Cheetah? Oh, it's the guy from the cricket stadium! The one who had asked my number and I had ended up sharing Ravi's number with him.

"I know you! Wait... It was..." I said and closed my eyes trying hard to remember the name. Gosh, this is hella embarrassing.

"It's Gaurav," he answered for me, smile still gracing his lips.

"I'm really sorry Gaurav, the name just slipped out of my-" I was saying.

"Fine by me. It's not unusual to forget names you hear just once," he waved off.

I smiled at him.

"So, what is a sweet little angel like you doing here all alone?" he asked as he too flopped down beside me.

"Um... My partner has the keys and he is nowhere. I don't have access to my room," I shrugged.

"Well, you can just come and sit in our room for a while till your partner shows up. It's to your right anyways. AF-241." Gaurav pointed at the adjacent doorway.

"Thanks a lot for the offer, but I'm fine. It's okay, you go and freshen up," I declined with a small smile.

"So you're saying you won't go?" he asked me, quirking a brow up.

"Uh-huh." I nodded.

"Okay then, I too am seated here until your partner shows up," Gaurav announced stubbornly.

"You don't have to do this, Gaurav," I said.

"Yes I do. I can't leave you here. Who's your irresponsible partner anyway?" Gaurav said.

"You don't wanna know," I muttered, knowing that he won't be happy to see the guy who bashed his team so bad in the stadium the other day to be my partner.

"What?" he asked, clueless.

I was about to explain it to him when a lean figure waltzed into my range of vision, strolling through the corridors with ease. "What took you so long?!" I yelled at Rishav who appeared from the far end of the deserted corridor with Kabir and Saqib.

Gaurav turned to look at him and his face was somewhat stunned as if he hadn't expected to see Rishav here.

"Hey, man!" Kabir greeted Gaurav as we both got up and dusted our dresses.

I kept a death stare persistent on Rishav while he casually pulled out the keys and unlocked the door to our room as if he hadn't been late at all. His calm stance made me even more mad.

He opened the door wide and waited, silently telling me to get in first. At least he has his manners.

Swooping up my luggage, I stormed into the room after smiling sarcastically at my partner.

I checked the time. 9:20 am. Great.

That leaves us only 40 minutes to get ready for the session.

"Hey listen, I'll go get freshen up while you-" I was saying while unpacking my bag when I heard the bathroom door click. I turned to find the door closing as he entered the washroom.

"Ughhh! Rishav!" I yelled in frustration while a loud laugh came as a response from him.

He does enjoy annoying me. I hate this guy!