Chapter : Forty Two

Chapter : 42

Rishav's POV

Stay calm.

Breath in. Breath out. Hell, it doesn't work for me.

I kept my eyes on the cricket kit that was sitting opposite to me over the study table while I waited for Saqib and Kabir to arrive at my place to fetch me to the stadium. My antique bike wasn't able to withstand the impact of the accident the other day and even the mechanics in the repair shop scratched their heads in defeat, unable to fix it.

My phone buzzed, indicating a text. I opened it to find a message from Ananya.

"I'm waiting down." - Ananya.

I frowned. Why did Kabir and Saqib bring her? She clearly told me today that she'll be busy with some shopping. I had shrugged an okay at her.

I picked up my kit and limped my way down the stairs. Walking out of the building, I searched for the blue car that belonged to Saqib but it wasn't anywhere. I frowned.

This wasn't a time for some prank.

"Over here, Mr.Neil." Ananya's voice reached me and I turned to find her seated over a bike. Not just any bike, it was a Thunderbird. I hadn't expected to find her riding that beast.

"Quick, we're getting late. Save your comments for later. Kabir and Saqib are already waiting at the stadium." She called out.

Smiling, I shook my head and got behind her on the bike. She handed me the extra helmet hanging over her arm and put on one over her head.

"Safety first." She sang.

"Yes, ma'am." I agreed in a mocking voice and she elbowed me hard on the ribs before driving.

Despite her slim arms and small frame, Ananya handled the heavy bike pretty well.

We reached the stadium in about half an hour. The place wasn't bustling with spectators since it was just a practice match. But for the teams, it was the chance to make a first impression over the rivals and dominate them before the actual game begins.

I got off the bike and stumbled a step back, wincing in pain. Landing on my right foot apparently wasn't the best act to pull right now.

"You're okay?" Ananya asked, jumping down the bike with concern lacing her voice.

"Yeah, just forgot about the foot." I said with a strained smile.

***

"Okay guys, we have to give it our best shot. Twelve teams, one trophy. Give it everything you have. Every single player has to play like it's your last match." Ravi said to the team.

Somehow, the moron was still ignoring me. He hadn't looked at me for even once. Most of my teammates kept glancing at my arm and leg with doubt but nobody dared to speak about the injuries since they well knew who I was.

Today was the practice match between our team- DPS Defenders and one of the renowned school teams of Delhi - St.Louis Boys.

We all cheered the school name three times like we always did and moved into the ground. It was a ritual we had followed since forever.

We had lost the toss and the rival team had chosen to bat first. I was assigned the position of the slip fielder while Ravi was the wicket keeper. I have to say that he's one of the best keepers in the game.