Chapter : Forty Six

Chapter : 46

Rishav's POV

It's Monday. And a day has passed without any contact between me and Ananya. I thought better to give her the time she needed, hoping that she'll come around once she feels like talking again.

But I still don't understand why she behaved the way she did. Am I that annoying? A smile made it's way to my lips as her cute glare appeared in my head. The way her brown eyes-

"Rish?" Fiona's voice brought me back to the world.

I turned to look at her with a frown. Nobody's allowed to call me by that name. I hate it when people shorten my name. It's a different thing when my brother does it.

"Not the time to zone out. We can't take risks when it comes to Mrs.Arora." She said.

After Ananya had left, Fiona showed up at my place with her guitar, hoping that I'll teach her. When she noticed my English Assignment, she eagerly helped me out. I'd have declined her offer but taking a practical look on this, I agreed. I really don't wanna write this assignment for the third time.

Now that someone else had done it for me, Fiona had advised that I should know the summary in case the teacher asks me about it. If that evil woman finds out that I did the assignment with some help, she'll make my life a living version of hell.

Now, we were seated in the back of the class and most of the students were still roaming the corridors since there was plenty of time for classes to begin.

"Shakespeare had mentioned that nobody dies after death. Their soul achieves-" Fiona went on but I tuned her out when my eyes caught attention of a particular brunette standing two desks away from us.

I smiled silently at Ananya but she didn't return it. Instead, she had a small frown on her face. I couldn't decipher the emotions that swirled in her eyes but it wasn't close to good.

Fiona stopped her explanation when she noticed that I wasn't paying attention and her eyes followed to where I was looking.

"Hi Ananya!" She waved with a smile.

"Hey," Ananya said with a small smile but it disappeared when she approached our desk and placed her bag beside her seat on which Fiona was seated presently.

"Why didn't you come to see the match yesterday? You missed my big hits." I said, trying to break the silent treatment she was giving me.

"Was I even invited." She mumbled.

"What?" I asked, doubtful if I heard the words right.

"I was busy with homework." She said.

I nodded with a frown.

"Where's Ravi?" Fiona asked her.

"He's still home, getting ready for school." Ananya said.

"But you two come together right?" Fiona said.

"We do, but I came before him thinking Rishav will be needing help with... This. But it's okay now that he's already got it done." Ananya said and pointed at the English notes.

"Oh, it's okay. I helped Rish out already." Fiona said and smiled.

I couldn't help but notice the expression on Ananya's face. Her face clearly showed hurt but I didn't understand what the hell was happening with her.

"Yeah..." She said and walked out of the class.

I got out of my seat following after her. Fiona sat there, clearly confused.

"Ananya." I called after her as she kept on walking ahead.

"You gotta tell me what the matter is." I said.

She didn't reply but kept walking through the corridors and out into the open deserted campus grounds.

"Ananya I'm patient but don't start testing it." I said, walking towards her.

She stopped and turned to look at me. Her eyes were filled with unshed tears and to find her in pain made a heavy feeling grow inside me.

"You tell me what the matter is Rishav." She said in a low voice.

"Hey, what happened?" I asked and approached her.

"What happened? You make silly pranks, you play with my feelings, you switched off your phone when I called, you let her call you Rish. You're right Rishav Neil, there's something that happened but you know what? You won't get it." Ananya said, the pain and hurt barely hidden inside her.

I ran my fingers through my hair, trying to process everything she said. How did I end up with this blunder? And why's she always over reacting? I like it at certain events but not always.

"You're taking things too seriously Ananya." I tried to calm her down.

She passed me a humorless laugh.

"Right. And you are taking everything for granted Rishav." She said.

I frowned at her words. When did I ever take her for granted? She means so much to me. I've got no words to describe my feelings for her.

"Ana? What happened to you?" Ravi's voice reached us.

I turned to look behind me at a worried Ravi approaching Ananya with quick strides. He enveloped her in a caring hug, clearly unaware of our little conversation. I stood there with my jaw clenched, waiting for Ananya to voice her thoughts to her brother. I waited for Ravi to get mad and land a punch on me. I waited for that moment.

But all that came was silence.

Ananya did not speak a word as she hugged him back tightly. It was as if she stifled the thoughts inside her. She cast a sideways glance at me with cold eyes and then shook her head at Ravi.

"I'm fine." She mumbled and pulled herself out of his embrace roughly and started walking back towards the school building.

"What's up with her?" Ravi asked me in a concerned tone.

I gulped, contemplating my answers. What do I tell him? I can't spill everything that has happened till now in a minute's span. Ravi will end up killing me without thinking rationally on it at all.

Before I spoke, the school bell rang, indicating that classes were to begin. I just shrugged silently at him and walked back towards the building with Ravi following behind.

Things messed up Rishav. I told myself.