The World at the End of the Rainbow

A bright light enveloped them. Their eyes remained shut but they could feel that they were no longer where they were. Like a teleport, the light covered them like a shield as it brought them from one place to another. Amazed by it they attempted to open their eyes. Once doing so, their eyes opened to a whole new wonder. One always thought, what was located at the end of the rainbow? Right now, they didn't want to leave for in this world, their unfolded a whole new world of promises and light. It was the world of their friends new and old. However, outside of the portal was something they didn't imagine. It was bright, it was a beautiful and spectacular place and it definitely was a kingdom better than what they pictured but it no longer felt magical. The light not in the town above but the light within the people, were no longer there.

"Girls, I will warn you. Remain lowkey. This isn't a place where you can frolic freely..." Amethyst warned

Bow nodded in subtle agreement. Though the people were kind, their hearts were narrow.

"So this is Pact's Country" Amber said in amazement. Her eyes looked down below the hills they had landed on. There, below them was a beautiful town. It almost felt as though they were in ancient Japan. It was a surreal moment and something they didn't want to forget.

"Yes, this is Pact's Country... A beautiful home that I am proud of but..." Amethyst frowned as she looked at her home "The darkness surrounding us, covers ours".

Corde turned around, behind them was a dark abyss. A dark wonderland that made her skin crawl. Haven followed and glanced back. What was beyond that darkness?

"Pact's Country is basically... A ball in the middle of nothing..." Aloe said with a slight shudder "What is in the darkness exactly?"

"One can only wonder ~bo" Bow said with a sigh

"Well, let's do our best..." Corde said quietly

Amethyst glanced at Bow in her arms. They exchanged a meaningful glance, they knew perfectly well what lay in wait for them and they were not looking forward to it.

"Let's just spread some joy then shall we!" Amber exclaimed suddenly

"Huh?" Amethyst turned to her

"I don't know why you two are so tense but I do know there is something you never told us. So I'll just be open minded and welcome anything that will come at us, whether good or bad" She replied with determination

Amethyst looked shocked. She barely knew these girls but they were so open to potential danger. Danger that they didn't need to be a part of. She smiled. They were amazing to her, they willingly became something they had no clue about yet she, never welcomed it...

"Are we going?" Corde asked beckoning to the path down to the town

"Yes. Let's go" Amethyst said with a quick nod. She clutched onto Bow and the 5 girls headed down.

The town was illuminated by a light above them. The people were minding their own business but as they walked through they stopped to stare. Some not pleasant. Uncomfortable, Amber walked behind Aloe who glanced back at her. It was normal to be awkward but she wasn't going to stop because some random stranger gave them nasty looks.

"Just keep walking. Ignore them and keep walking" Amethyst whispered as she didn't take her eyes off the path

"Walk and ignore. Walk and ignore. Got it" Corde whispered to herself.

To their left they could see some children at a school. It was lunch time and the children were playing with a rope. Corde smiled at them. Yes, that's right. It's still a normal town. Nothing unusual. To their right, they walked by a sauna which had a beautiful sign to welcome guests. Some families were coming out with smiling faces.