Why are you a Pretty Cure?

With the 2 newly acquired gems, the 5 PreCure's, Bow, the Pixhites, Hiroshi and Prism circled one another. They all sat in a circle with the 6 gems placed in front of them. Ryoka looked solemn. Their efforts to find the gems were all thrown to waste because of her incapability to protect something handed to her. Despite the chatter surrounding her, she remained quiet. Flashbacks of when Seihou stole the gem came flooding back to her, frustrated she stood up and left the room. The others looked up as she closed the door shut.

"Is Ryoka okay?" Hiroshi asked

"We each had 5 pieces in our care, unfortunately Seihou managed to take a grip on her and take her piece" Itose explained.

"She must be bothered by it, she's someone who wants to do well and gets quite frustrated when she doesn't do her task as well as she planned" Aone explained with a solemn expression.

"Do we need to get it back?" Shia asked

"Well, most likely, it's only 6 pieces we have, we need 7..." Kanae pouted

"I mean, he had to create MonoChro because he couldn't handle the power by himself. He won't be able to use it either way" Shia thought

"True, he may have another plan in mind though" Aone agreed

Kanae stood up "let me talk to her"

"Go for it" Itose put her thumbs up "We'll wait for you guys anyways"

Kanae headed down the Akashi household. Itose's brothers were helping out at the store and allowed Itose to have more breaks than usual so she could relax more. Heading down, she found Ryoka standing at some flowers. She was staring at them with a small smile.

"Ryoka" Kanae called out

Caught off guard, Ryoka turned to her "Ah, Kanae"

"Did I bother you?"

"No... It's fine" Ryoka sat on the grass and crossed her legs "Did they send you to fetch me?"

"No, I came on my own accord" Kanae grinned sheepishly.

Ryoka stared into space. It was a cold day and Ryoka was soon feeling the cold. Kanae who was bundled up placed a scarf around her. Surprised she looked at her.

"A scarf?"

"I bought it" Kanae smiled "I bought it for you because you often linger outside in the cold".

"Oh, thank you. You didn't have to..."

"You know, you act like a stranger sometimes" Kanae continued "But despite that feeling, I feel like you're my best friend. Everyone is but we've had so much rollercoaster like feelings so we've been through a lot together".

"I thought you'd hate me by now".

"You're gentle. You don't necessarily mean anything you say, especially if it's negative commnentary".

"You can understand that?"

"All of us do" Kanae put her hand over Ryoka, beckoning her on inside. Obligingly, Ryoka went inside "You should stay inside, it's cold out".

"I was looking at the flowers but it's winter so not many bloom nowadays".

"Have you ever had those dreams?" Kanae asked "I almost forgot you had those"

"I had more of those dreams in the summer, since it's winter with less flowers, I don't".

"Any new ones you haven't told us about?"

"To be perfectly honest, getting those dreams freaked me out... so... I've not touched a flower since..."

"You what!?"