Rainbow of the Past

"Go left!" Aloe yelled out exhaustedly

"What do you mean go left?!" Corde replied back "My left is a wall!"

"Then go right!" Amethyst yelled out as well

Haven and Amber ran towards Maruko who had unleashed a Hageruze in their neighborhood.

"Hah! You girls are pathetic, Rokkaku kept rambling on how you are stronger with a new member but it all seem the same to me" Maruko laughed as she sat herself down at a bench to rest.

With tired expressions, the girls continued to fight the Hageruze which took shape of a stray cat.

"Amber will you move!" Aloe called out to Amber who was too afraid to hit the Hageruze

"But... It's a cat" she whimpered

Aloe rolled her eyes and without any hesitation she charged towards it without any other thoughts. Corde jumped down beside Amber and patted her on the back ultimately forcing Amber to attack.

Maruko watched as the girls gather their strength to fight again, standing up she knew she had to do something "Go Hageruze! Fight them!"

"You MonoChro folks are pathetic" Corde said as she jumped in front of her.

Maruko scoffed "Excuse me? Pathetic?!"

"Yeah, all you do is give out orders yet you don't do anything. At all"

"Agreed. Pathetic" Aloe agreed as she jumped by them. In that moment, Haven had managed to purify the Hageruze without any problems.

"H-how did you do that so quickly?" Maruko exclaimed stepping back

"Honestly, I think we could this whole time" Amber said with a gentle shrug

"Then why didn't you defeat it?"

"Because we wanted you to feel as though you were winning at some point" Amber replied with a cute smile across her face.

"Tch! You girls must be the pathetic ones."

"Maruko" Corde said stepping towards her "You're not any stronger you know."

"W-wha-?! How dare you! I am strong pardon me!"

"Sorry to burst your bubble but you haven't improved at all" Haven said after a slight stretch

"Rokkaku has powered up, I mean, maybe you have too but you don't show it. Rokkaku is definitely the better one" Corde said with a small head shake.

Maruko sat down and tried to grasp the situation "Why am I listening to you children? I'm not squatting down to the level those TriTriplets were at"

"Maybe it's best you did"

"You... think this lowly of me don't you" Maruko's tone began to raise

"We don't think of you as somebody to look up to, that's all" Aloe added

"Those TriTriplets were defeated by you, they were strong kids yet you could defeat them. Impossible."

Corde and Amethyst looked at one another "You... care about those three don't you Maruko" Amethyst said.

"Hmph, care. I don't care."

"During my time there, you definitely cared for them. In subtle manners, you were almost like their mother."

"Why? Were you in the lair the whole time or something"

"Yes. Yes I was."

Maruko stood up in annoyance. Those three, maybe just maybe she did think of them as her own. She was always angry at them, she never complimented them... She almost felt as though, she regretted it.