Darkness is the Absence of Light

It was time. Time to battle the darkness. The girls had never thought it would actually come to it, until they had to say goodbye to their loved ones. It was a subtle goodbye so their families had no idea, or so they thought anyway. Shia left the girls alone to spend time with their families, so she was in charge of keeping all the Pixhites and Bow in one room.

It wasn't a particularly difficult task but when you have 9 small pixie-like creatures flittering away to their hearts content, it was hard to keep track. Thankfully, Shia was amused by their joyfulness despite the incoming signs of disaster. At least they were able to stay in a positive mood. Looking up at Bow, a serious expression resting on her face. Bow looked out the window, his eyes gazing up at the blue sky. This is what his training as a samurai lead up to. This was finally it. He found the so called magical object and now it was his turn to make sure it was protected. To make sure the girls were protected.

Meanwhile, the rest of the girls had decided to spend the rest of the day with their families. After all, regardless if they knew or not, it calmed down their consciousness knowing that they at least said some sort of goodbye. That day, Aone decided to travel to her families graves along with her aunt. It wasn't an easy decision to make but she figured she required some sort of luck from them. Even if they were dead. Her aunt was supportive about the whole thing and something told her that she knew what was happening but she never said. Aone decided to leave it be because if her aunt knew and was skeptical about the whole ordeal, she'd have told her. It was nice to have someone like her in her life.

On the other hand, Kanae was having a chaotic day with her family. She somehow managed to persuade them to take the day off work and they were all at home. She even requested that the butler take a day off work so that it was just her and her family. For once, they had a heartfelt conversation full of laughter and possibly even tears. It was strange but Kanae didn't recognise her family. Just a year ago they would have shunned the whole idea and her sister would have made fun of her. But now, they found interest in what she had to say and her mother was now much closer to her than ever before.

Ryoka sat in the living room watching her parents work. Remembering a few days ago they had plans on moving back to the country, she still didn't know how to feel. Sure, it was great but now she didn't want to. After having a long talk with them, they finally understood her feelings and decided that they'd postpone their move. Even her childhood friends were supportive about it.

Itose finally found herself back all alone with the men of her house, struggling to even find a quiet place to stay. It was Christmas time after all and so they had decided that it was time to bombard her peace and quiet.

Maybe this is why it was hard to say goodbye. Their families had gotten closer, they had completely changed and now they had to say goodbye to it. Whether temporary or not, the wringing in their heart could not be ignored. It was like saying goodbye to the peace and the quiet. They were just about to make the biggest decision of their life and the outcome was nowhere to be seen. It was highly favored that they win but is it a guarantee?

After the subtle farewells, the girls all gathered together in the park for what appeared to be the last time. Seihou was waiting in Pact's Country and there was no time left for dilly dallying. Looking at each other, sincerity in their eyes, Itose grabbed their hands.

"We've got this."

"You think?" Ryoka raised a brow, trying to smile

"We've got to try."

Nodding their heads, they turned to Shia who was carrying the rainbow colored fan in her hand.

"Ready to go?"

"Ready as we'll ever be..." Aone sighed

"Let's go."

Raising the fan up whilst fanning, a beautiful rainbow soon appeared. After a moments hesitation, the five girls along with Bow and the Pixhites stood on the rainbow. Travelling through time and space, soon found themselves in Pact's Country.