PROLOGUE

VOICE OVER
My name is Hope  West-Allen. In seven days,I will be turning thirteen and this is a critical time for my family.
My best friends have already turned thirteen and if you ask them,they will tell you that I am not just a girl, that I am Daddy's Perfect Princess and the light of Mommy's life but I digress.
You must be wondering why me turning thirteen is such a big deal.
Five years before I was born, my sister Nora West-Allen died a day after her thirteenth birthday.
Nora's death broke my parents so much. I still see the sadness in their eyes when they talk about her or come across her pictures in the house.
My grandfather says my birth was a miracle but in all honesty, my birth wasn't planned. My parents never expected to have another child after Nora.
Now that I am here, they are so over protective of me. Daddy made himself my chauffeur and Mommy calls me all day to check up on me. All to keep me safe.
Whenever I complain that I feel suffocated by the safety nets they put in place to protect me, Mom looks at me and says "Baby, I already lost your sister. I can't lose you too".
I miss Nora even though I never knew her and I can only imagine how they must feel
To understand why my parents protect me the way they do, you need to do something first, you need to understand their pain.....
Let me tell you the story of how Daddy's Princess and Mommy's Treasure, Nora West-Allen died...