A REPEAT OF FATE

Iris and Barry were home going through the pictures from Hope's thirteenth birthday party of the previous day.
Iris: I can't believe she's thirteen already.
Barry: I know. I still remember us bringing her home from the hospital like it was just yesterday.
Iris: I hope you remember that when she introduces her first boyfriend to you.
Barry: Why are we suddenly talking about a boyfriend? Why?
Did she say something?
Iris: Babe,relax. I'm just kidding.
Barry: That's not even funny. She's our little girl....
Iris: Who's not so little anymore. We have to consider the possibility.
Barry: Do we really have to?
Iris: Yes. Unless you plan on murdering any boy who talks to her.
Barry: Don't think I haven't considered it.
Iris: You are just as bad as Dad was. Why are fathers so over protective of their daughters.
Barry: I have no idea. I asked Joe the same question once and he told me that I would understand when I had a daughter of my own.
Iris: That sounds like something Dad would have said. So, have you been able to understand it?
Barry: I'm still as confused as ever. All I know is I want my baby girl to be safe.
Iris: I know. Me too. And you are doing a fantastic job of protecting us.
Barry: Thanks Babe.
Iris: You are very welcome.
Barry: Are you really cool with the idea of Hope getting a boyfriend.
Iris: Hell no. I'm totally in support of murdering any future boyfriend.
Barry: Are you being sarcastic?
Iris: The murder part, yes but I'm 100% in support of the spanish Inquisition.
Barry: I still get nightmares thinking about that.
Iris: I know right? Dad really went overboard with that one and seeing you sitting with so much confidence and bravely answering each question made me realize that I wanted to spend the rest of my life with you.
Barry: Aww. That was really sweet.
Iris: It was, wasn't it.
Barry: Yeah but in all honesty, I wasn't confident at all. I was scared out of my mind.
Iris: Aww. Poor baby.
They both laughed as they reminisced about past events  when suddenly the phone rang. Iris picked it up and smiled when she recognized the caller.
Iris: Hi Ray. What a pleasant.....
Dr Palmer: Iris, is Barry home?
Iris: Yes. He's right here.
Dr Palmer: Could you please pass the phone to him? I need to talk to him.
Iris: Of course.
Confused, Iris handed the phone over to Barry.
Barry: Hey man. What's up?
Dr Palmer: Barry, it's Hope. There's been an accident.................

        AUTHOR'S NOTE
Hi guys. I'm not a big fan of cliff hangers but I really had to do this........I'm so sorry....
See you next time.......