Depression

When Barry got back from the church,he found Iris sitting in the dark, clutching something close to her chest.
He didn't have to wonder what it was. He knew from her posture that she was holding Nora's picture. He could also tell that she had been crying.
Without a sound,he quietly sat beside her on the floor and held her hand in comfort. In return, she placed her head on his shoulder and sighed in relief.
Ever since Nora died, she always worried when Barry wasn't home. Afraid that he might meet the same fate.......
They sat there for hours in the dark without saying a word, just content to be with each other.
When Barry's parents came back home, the curtains were drawn  but they were still on the floor holding each other and talking. They decided to leave them alone and headed upstairs in silence.
Barry and Iris talked about their favorite memories of Nora as a child.
They weren't crying. Neither was their pain gone. They were just two people who understood loss and the agony that comes with it.
They weren't cheating the grieving process or denying their loss. They haven't made peace with it either but at this moment, they knew they had lost a big part of their lives. They knew Nora wasn't coming back. They knew it wasn't fair but they also had faith that God will help them through their grief and they would come out of it stronger, better and together.
They thanked God for the time they had Nora with them. For the privilege to be her parents. They knew they would see her again and that was comfort enough for today......
With Barry by her side, Iris knew that no matter what tomorrow brought, as long as they were together,she would survive the dark days ahead and that was comfort enough......
Likewise, Barry was sure they would survive whatever storms life brought their way, together....
And that was how they would live henceforth.....one moment at a time....one day at a time.....