Chapter 1

(Author's Note: This has nothing to do with the previous stories I've written, it's a separate storyline where quirks don't exist and the UA students don't know each other. With that in mind, enjoy!)

17-year old Denki Kaminari rides the 11:00 AM Shibuya train to Toshima. It's a semi-cloudy Saturday, and from the window of the train he can see the many skyscrapers of the Tokyo skyline slowly move across his field of view. The train is not super-packed, which is rare for the time and place.

Where's he going, you may ask? Well, his mother charged him with the task of delivering a package to the post office, but the nearest one was closed due to construction. As such, he has to travel quite far to deliver the package. While there, he figured he might as well spend the rest of his day there so the trip doesn't seem as bad.

After about 25 minutes since he got on, the train arrives at his destination. He gets off and looks around at the relatively empty train platform, and stretching his arms and yawns. He's wearing a T-shirt with a dark green coat over, and regular blue jeans. He also has a backpack which holds his package.

Among one of the people he notices on the train platform is a girl of about his age, with dark purple hair. He doesn't think too much of her, other than thinking that she looks cute, but he remembers what he came for and walks down the stairs of the train platform and onto the street.

He walks alongside the sidewalk and looks at the front of several shops. He passes a ramen shop, a dojo, a laundromat, and several other places on his way to the post office. He continues until he runs into a couple of construction workers who blocked off the sidewalk to fix a hole. He stops and looks at the street, which is currently too busy for him to cross the street. A construction worker sees him and walks over.

"You need to get through, kid?" the construction worker asks.

"Uh, yeah." Kaminari replies.

"Just take the alleyway over here to your right. Take the first left, walk a bit, then take another left. You'll be on the other side of the construction." the worker replies.

"Oh, okay. Thank you!" Kaminari says.

"No problem, kid." the worker replies, getting back to the hole.

Kaminari walks into the alleyway, which gets darker the further he walks into it. He takes the first left, and before he even has a chance to react, he feels two hands violently pull him towards the wall. He opens his mouth to yell, but a hand covers his mouth.

"Shh," he hears from behind him. "I'm going to let go of your mouth, okay? I don't want to hurt you, but if you scream, you leave me no other option."

Kaminari hears it's a female voice. She has a somewhat husky, but nice-sounding voice. The girl notices Kaminari's lack of a reply, and she shakes him abruptly.

"Got it?" she asks.

Kaminari nods rapidly. Slowly, she takes her hand off of his mouth, but he keeps him facing away from her.

"W-what are you doing?" Kaminari asks.

"Your backpack, what you got in there?" she asks.

"It's-it's a package from my mom..she wanted me to deliver it to the post office.." Kaminari says, still scared.

"A package? What's in the package?" she asks.

"It's a blanket my mom sewed for my c-cousin." Kaminari says.

The girl sighs. She let's go of Kaminari's arm and pushes him forward, and he falls to his butt. He lets out a relatively quiet yelp, and rubs his butt. He turns around to face her, only to see that it's the girl he saw at the train station.

"Hey, you're the girl I saw at the train station! I remember you!" he says.

"Yeah, you better forget who you saw." she replies.

"It'll be a little hard, since you're so cute." Kaminari says, that last part under his breath.

"What did you say?" she asks, coming towards him.

Kaminari drags himself away from her. "Woah! Woah, easy, I said it'll be hard because I think you're cute!"

She hears him and stops. She's actually shocked, no one has ever called her 'cute' before.

"Don't lie. Nobody thinks that I'm cute. Listen, you can get lost now. I'm not going to rob you." she says.

"What? I'm not lying.." Kaminari says, a seriousness in his voice. Her mouth opens, surprised at what she's hearing.

Kaminari stands up. He looks at her directly in the eyes.

"Yeah. I think you're cute. In fact, now that I can actually get a better look at you, I actually think you're beautiful." Kaminari says, the smooth motherf*cker in him coming out.

As you can imagine, being told that out of nowhere, a ludicrous amount of rosy red blush has appeared on Jirou's cheeks. She looks away, flustered.

"What's your name?" Kaminari asks.

"K-Kyoka..Kyoka Jirou.." she replies, still semi-flustered.

"Kyoka," he says, nodding, remembering her name. "I'm Denki Kaminari. But, why did you try to rob me?" he asks, politely.

"I..I.." she says, not sure what to say, really. She has her hand gripped on the elbow of her other arm, almost embarrassed at the fact that the guy she just tried to rob thinks she's cute. I mean, wouldn't you just run away and cry for help in a situation like that?

"Forget that," Kaminari says, realizing that the question is kind of odd. Asking someone why they break the law? It's kind of the same as asking a bad person why they're bad. "Look, I just need to take this package to the post office. Afterwards, I'll be free for basically the whole day. I'd really like to get to know you better, would you like to come with me? Maybe we could..go eat or something?" he adds.

And he's asking her on a date? Jirou is amazed! It just sounds too good to be true, however.

"H-how do I know you won't try to turn me in? Huh? If I go with you to the post office, who's to say you won't just.. yell for help and say that I tried to rob you?" she asks, her flustered self fading away.

"If you want, you could wait for me somewhere. I'll go turn in the package by myself, meet you there, and then we could go wherever." Kaminari says.

She is surprised. Judging by his response, she is convinced that he's most likely not going to turn her in. However, she still is weary.

Kaminari steps forward towards her, and puts a hand on her arm. Her arm is cold, as though touching a water bottle that's been in the refrigerator for a few hours. Shivers go down her spine as he touches her, and she gasps. He looks at her in the eyes and says,

"Hey, it's okay. Whatever your reason is, you didn't rob me after all. It shows that, not only do you have a beautiful face, but a beautiful heart as well." Kaminari says, sincerity in his voice.

She's flustered again. She removes his hand from her arm, and she attempts to act tough again.

"Okay, just no touching, alright?" she says.

Kaminari holds his hands up and backs away.

"Alright, sorry. Come on, let's go." he says, starting to walk down the alleyway. Jirou looks at him, and she can't help but see him differently. She no longer sees him as just some random guy on the street, but rather, some random guy on the street with an amazing heart. She follows him down the alleyway and out onto the street.