Chapter 10

The lady from the car rental place took Kyoka, Kaminari, and Momo to the parking lot and showed them the car. It was a dark grey Honda Civic, and it had looked comfortable enough for the three of them on the inside.

"It runs well, doesn't have too many miles on it either." the lady says. She gestures for Kaminari to take the keys, but then abruptly takes them away before he can take them. Kaminari looks at her, as if to say, 'what gives, lady?'

"If for whatever reason, the car gets damaged, not only will you be fined, it is very likely that your provisional license will be revoked altogether. Do you understand?" she asked him.

Kaminari nodded. "Yes, I understand."

She handed him the keys, and actually let him take them this time.

"Alright, then. Drive safe out there." the lady said.

"We will, thank you!" the three of them replied.

The lady walked back into the building, leaving the three of them alone with the car. Kaminari pressed the unlock button, and the sound of the doors unlocking caught the attention of the three of them.

"Let's drive, shall we?" Kaminari asked.

Momo and Kyoka hopped into the car excitedly. Momo took the rear all to herself and Kyoka chose to ride shotgun.

"Here, pick from something in here." Kaminari said, pulling out a case of CDs from his jacket. Kyoka opened the case and looked through the CDs, organized alphabetically by the band or group name. Abba, Aerosmith, Beatles, Beyonce (for some reason), and so on. She kept flipping through until she came across Paramore, a group that Kyoka enjoyed quite a bit when she was younger. 

Kaminari had started up the car and adjusted all of his mirrors.

"Everyone buckled up?" he asked, looking around at everyone.

"Yup," the two girls replied.

He put the car in reverse and backed up out of the parking space, and off they were on the road trip. The day was actually somewhat hot, so Kaminari put the air conditioning on in the car, which felt refreshing, almost like putting your head in the refrigerator. As for their attire, Kaminari wore a black long-sleeved cotton shirt with the words "EAGLES" on them in bold font. He wore dark blue jeans along with it, and a red flannel wrapped around his waist in the event it gets cold later in the day. Jirou had chosen a black tank top with a skull and crossbones and a red plaid skirt with black stockings. Yaoyorozu chose to wear a dark red blouse and blue jeans.

Back at home, Kaminari's mom new favorite hobby was to learn more about her son. She didn't know how fun it was to read his experiences throughout his life, since he never really spoke directly to his mom about them.

December 12, 2013

Hey journal. So this is what happened. There was this girl i liked and her name is Gianna. I've known her since about the 3rd grade. So like, i told her that i liked her. She said she didn't know if she liked me back, and she said she wanted to get to know me some more. So, we agreed to meet up afterschool at the park next to my house. So i went down there, but i was really scared. i haven't been on a date or anything like that ever, so this felt really weird to me. i went on my bike to the school and she brought her bike.

"Hi." i said to her.

"Hey." she said back.

Then, for like 15 minutes, we sort of just looked at each other and at stuff around us. But we didn't talk at all. We both sort of froze up. Finally she broke the silence.