Chapter 11

It was about 3 hours into the road trip, and all was well in the dark grey Honda Civic. There was surprisingly not a lot of traffic, given the fact that the most of the trains were down. Momo had relaxed in the back, being able to stretch her legs out and look out the window at the passing buildings and scenery.

"Hey, I just thought of something, but where are we going to stay?" Momo asked.

"Yeah, I thought about that too I was thinking a hotel would be our best option." Kaminari said.

"Yeah, me too." Jirou said.

"I brought enough money so that we could stay at a Holiday Inn or something." Kaminari said.

Momo's heart dropped after hearing Kaminari say that. Since Momo came from a relatively wealthy background, she didn't exactly like doing many 'common' things, one of those being cheap hotels.

"I'm sorry, but I simply can't allow this. I know a 5-star in Kyoto we can stay at, I'll pay it." Momo said.

"Woah, are you sure about this, Momo?" Jirou asked.

"Yeah, don't worry about it! Trust me, this hotel is the best." Momo replied.

"Holy crap! That's awesome!" Kaminari said. He imagined himself chilling in the luxurious hot tub or even going to the spa. Even better was the food that they have at those kinds of hotels. His mouth was watering just from thinking about it all.

Another two hours had passed, and soon they arrived in Kyoto. Jirou gave Kaminari directions to her house and they parked out front. Many memories came back to Jirou, some positive, many negative.

Jirou looked out the window at the house. It looked exactly the same as it did when she left, and a flurry of memories had rushed to her all at once.

"Want us to come with you?" Momo asked.

"No, it's fine. Let me just check if they're even home." Jirou replied, unbuckling her seatbelt and opening the door. She walked up the small steps to the front door, and raised her hand to ring the doorbell. However, she didn't. She froze there, her finger just inches from the button.

"Damn it Kyoka! Why can't you learn?"

"Really? This shit again?"

Kyoka heard in her mind the voices of her parents during some of the heated arguments they had in the past. Kyoka wasn't sure if she was ready to ring the bell, she wasn't sure if her parents even wanted to see her.

Most importantly, she wasn't sure her parents wanted her anymore.

Kaminari and Momo both saw Kyoka freeze at the front door.

"Is..she alright?" Momo asked.

"I don't know, she isn't ringing the doorbell." Kaminari responded.

Just then, Kyoka turned around and quickly walked back to the car and got in.

"Kyoka? What's wrong?" Kaminari asked.

"I don't know. I didn't feel this way at all earlier, and now all of a sudden I feel like I shouldn't even be here." Kyoka said, a tear falling from her cheek.

"Hey, hey, look at me." Kaminari said to Jirou. Jirou initially didn't look over, so Kaminari put a hand on her chin and made her look at him.

Kaminari felt genuine pain from seeing tears in Kyoka's eyes. It's an inexplicable feeling when you care for someone so much that you start to feel pain when they do.

"I know how you feel, Kyoka, believe me. I felt the exact same way the other day. But you won't be at ease with yourself unless you do this. Even if your parents reject you, then so what? Do you remember what I told you when we first met? If they don't accept you for who you are, then they're not doing a good job as parents. And if that's the case here, then who cares? If you've been doing fine without them, then you'll continue to do fine without them. Because either way, at the end of the day, we'll be here for you." Kaminari said.