Chapter 4

After finishing her chocolate crepes that Momo had prepared for her, Jirou takes her laptop over to the living room and sets it down on a small table in front of the couch. She checks to see if Kaminari had sent another email since she had breakfast. Sure enough, he did, and it reads:

Kaminari: "Hey, I know we just hung out yesterday and all, but I was wondering if you wanted to.. maybe do something again today? Truth is, that's all I've been thinking about since we said goodbye to each other, was thinking about when I can see you again."

Jirou covers her mouth. She blushes profusely, and looks out of the window from their apartment. Jirou and Momo live on the 5th floor of the apartment building, so the view from their window is of the beautiful Tokyo skyline in the distance.

Momo, who is now also in the living room, getting her bag ready, notices Jirou's expression on her face and asks her about it.

"Everything alright, Kyoka?" Momo asks.

"Oh, oh yeah. It's all good!" Jirou says, smiling. She starts typing up her response to Kaminari. Momo, who is unsure who it is that Jirou is writing to, smiles and continues tending to her bag. Momo attends the Taihatsu School of Cuisine, which is one of the most esteemed and acclaimed culinary schools in all of Japan. Her dream, ever since she was a little girl, was to become a world-renowned chef and eventually have her own restaurant, or even more.

Jirou's reply to Kaminari read as follows:

Jirou: "Sure, I think I can hang out. What did you have in mind?"

Kaminari: "Well, we could go to the movies and go see something?"

Jirou: "That'd be great! What time?"

Kaminari: "Well, would 1:30 be good for you?"

Jirou looks at the clock, which reads 10:30.

Jirou: Yeah, that works. Where do you want to meet up?

Kaminari: I can swing by your apartment and we can go from there.

Jirou: "Okay. See you then!"

Kaminari: "Bye!"

Kaminari fist bumps himself. He closes his laptop and puts it away, then heads out to the bathroom and takes a shower.

Jirou closes the laptop, and she stares out the open window, smiling.

"You look exceptionally happy. Any reason in particular?" Momo asks politely.

Jirou looks over to Momo.

"I'm going on a date." Jirou replies.

Momo's jaw drops, her mouth then turning into a smile. She runs over to Jirou and hugs her, and Kyoka smiles too.

"A date? That's so awesome! I'm so happy for you! Who is he? What's he like?" Momo asks, eager to know more about the guy who is dating her close friend.

"His name's Kaminari, Denki Kaminari. He's.. super nice, one of the sweetest people I've ever met." Jirou says, blushing a little.

Even Momo's face starts to turn red. From what Jirou had told her about her past relationship, Momo had figured that Kyoka wasn't looking to get into a relationship for a while. Upon hearing this however, Momo felt extremely happy for Kyoka, and is glad she found someone better than her previous boyfriend.

Meanwhile, Kaminari has since finished his shower and has dried most of his body and his hair. After shaving, he wraps his towel around his waist and walks out of the bathroom. On the way to his bedroom, he is stopped by his mom. Her arms are crossed, and she looks like she's about to grill Kaminari.