Chapter 8

Kaminari had awakened in the middle of the night, and looked around him. He felt something on his left arm, and looked down to see Jirou asleep, cuddled up against him. He smiled and admired her, loving how peaceful she looked asleep. With the back of his hand, he slowly pet her cheek, feeling how soft and gentle her skin. Slowly, he stood up from the couch and turned the T.V. off, then gently moved her so that she was leaning on her side. He placed the blanket over her and tucked her in nicely, adjusting the couch's pillow against her head comfortably.

"Goodnight, Kyoka.." he quietly said to her. Kaminari went over to the closet, picking the correct door this time, and pulled out a blanket for himself. He went over to an empty spot on the living room floor, and extended the fairly large blanket out. It was large enough for him to fold it over him, so he was both covered by the blanket and not directly on top of the carpet. He got comfortable, and from where he was on the floor, he could actually see out of the window at the skyline of Tokyo. He enjoyed the view very much, and managed to fall asleep fairly quickly.

The next morning, Jirou woke up and sat up on the couch. She rubbed her eyes, and realized that she fell asleep on the couch with Kaminari. She looked around for him, but didn't see him.

"Kaminari?" she called out, but no response. She got up and looked around for him, but he was nowhere in the apartment. She started to get a little frantic in looking for him.

"No..don't tell me that he went home already.." she thought to herself, afraid of that possibility. Just then, she heard the sound of someone unlocking the front door. She walked over to the door and saw Kaminari walk in, sweating.

"Hey there, sleepy-head!" Kaminari said as he walked in. Kyoka was relieved that he was still here.

"Hey Denki..where were you?" she asked.

"Oh, I woke up a little early and decided to go for a run. Momo gave me a spare key so I could get back in. Did you know there's like 8 Starbucks' on this street?" Kaminari said.

"No, I didn't.." Jirou said, smiling at the fact that Kaminari was back.

"Hey, listen..I did some thinking on the run and I came to a decision." Kaminari said.

"About what?" Kyoka asked.

"About the situation with my mom. I decided to forgive her, and I'm going to try to talk to her today." he said.

"Wait, really? Kyoka asked.

"Yeah. I had a lot of time to think, and it's not like me to not forgive. I did say some pretty mean things to her, and she probably had some anger built up. Of course, if she ever does something like that again, I don't know if I can be too forgiving, "Kaminari replied. "But, it's definitely worth a shot to at least try to talk to her."

Kyoka was amazed. Had it been her who was hit by her parents, she would have not even dared to speak to them ever again. She thought about the current situation that she had with her parents, and how her problems were nothing compared to Kaminari's problems. If Kaminari can be that forgiving of his mother, then likewise Kyoka can.

"Thats..that's great, Kaminari!" she said, genuinely happy for him.

"Thanks Kyoka, for everything. You've been such an amazing and loving person for all that you've done for me," he said. "I would hug you, but I am pretty sweaty from the run."

Kyoka shook her head and went ahead and hugged him anyway.

"That doesn't matter to me, Kaminari.." she said, embracing him. Kaminari was surprised, and he put his arms on her back and hugged her tightly. It was then that Yaoyorozu had came out from her room and saw the two of them hugging in the foyer. Kaminari's eyes made contact with Momo's, then instantly switched to something else.