Chapter 15

Kyoka had arrived at her home after about an hour of walking through the crowded streets of Kyoto. When she arrived, her mom had answered the door, wondering why she was by herself, and not with her friends.

"Kyoka! Hey! Welcome...where are your friends..?" Kyoka's mother had asked as she let Kyoka into the house.

Kyoka had said nothing, and walked right past her mom and up the stairs.

"Kyoka? What's wrong, honey?" her mom asked, watching as Kyoka climbed the steps and entered her room, then slammed the door shut.

Kyoka locked her door and sat up against it. She closed her eyes and felt a rush of emotions run through her mind again. When she opened her eyes to look around her room, she found that everything was exactly where she left it months ago. She stood up, then walked to her desk where she would frequently create drawings of whatever happened to be in her imagination. One of Jirou's many talents was that she was a skilled artist, and not just musically. Some of her most common drawings consisted of 'hero' designs or concepts. She created such a drawing for herself, her superpower being that she would have earphone jacks coming out of her ears. She could use them to plug into things, giving her an enhanced sense of sound.

She pulled her chair out from the desk and sat down on it, remembering the unmistakable squeak of the chair as she sat. She opened the bottom drawer of the cabinet and found several notebooks inside. These notebooks contained several journal entries, similar to that of Kaminari's.

06 June 2013

What happened today: Last day of school.

I feel so f*cking bummed that I couldn't get a yearbook this year. My stupid parents said that it was too expensive and that I was just going to ruin it anyway. But whatever, I still got to sign everyone else's yearbooks, so it wasn't too bad. I just want memories, too, you know.

07 June 2013

What happened today: Sh*t.

I thought that this being the first day of summer, I would at least get to sleep in or something. But nah, my parents wake me up at like 7 in the morning to tell me that we're going on a family trip. We spent most of the day driving around to somewhere, I couldn't really tell because I was on my DS most of the time playing Pokemon Platinum. Yeah I know it's old but they didn't want to get me black and white. Doesn't matter anyway because I like platinum. Anyways when we got to the place it was some campsite and it was all hot. There were mosquitoes and other stupid bugs that kept annoying us and the whole time it smelled like bugspray. I hate this.

14 June 2013

What happened today: I got my notebook back.

Why did I get it back? Because my parents saw what I wrote and they didn't like it, so they told me that I shouldn't write stuff like that in there. They took it away for the rest of the trip, which was okay i guess, but we're back home and I finally got to sleep in. I feel so much better.

Kyoka shook her head at her past self's writing, then closed the book and stood up from her chair. She laid down on her bed and looked up at her ceiling, unsure of what she was to do now. As she laid there, she began to feel somewhat sleepy, and she ended up falling asleep on her bed.

Several hours had passed and it was now dark outside. Kyoka was woken up by the sound of someone knocking on her bedroom door.

"Kyoka? There's someone here to see you.." she heard her mom say through the door.