Chapter 7

The rest of the day at Yaoyorozu's apartment was spent getting Kaminari settled in. Yaoyorozu gave Kaminari a quick tour of the apartment, which was really just her showing him where the bathroom was.

As Kaminari sat on the toilet, he realized that he didn't take his phone with him into the bathroom, so he just started looking around at the decor within the room. As he did so, he started to wonder what he'd do about the situation with his mother.

"Man..what do I do? I mean..I'm not mad at her anymore, but the more I think about her hitting me.. The more uncertain that I get. But at the same time, I said some pretty messed up stuff to her to begin with, so could it be that I deserved it? What if she doesn't even want to see anymore? What if she doesn't want me to come back? Would it just be a waste of time to go back?" he thought to himself.

After washing his hands, he walked out of the bathroom and saw Jirou on the couch, but didn't see Momo.

"Hey, where's Yaoyorozu?" he asked.

"She went down to the store to grab a few things for dinner." Jirou replied.

"Oh, wow. So like, it's just you and I?" Kaminari asked, which was just him thinking out loud.

Jirou raised an eyebrow and turned to look at him from the couch.

"Yeah, yeah we are." she replied.

An awkward silence ensued between the two of them as they looked at each other for several seconds.

At the store, Yaoyorozu looked at the produce section and tried to decide what she would cook for dinner.

"I don't really know what Kaminari likes, so I don't want to end up cooking he won't enjoy.." she thought to herself.

She came across the Roma tomatoes and got an idea.

"What if I cook up a traditional spaghetti and meatball dinner, that would be nice, right?" she thought to herself. She got a few tomatoes, some ground beef, pasta, spices, and was at the checkout within minutes.

While waiting in line, she thought to herself about living with Kaminari. She thought it was neat that they'd have a guest living with them for a while. She also thought it was great that Kyoka cared for Kaminari and vice versa, and she wished to have someone like that as well. She got somewhat  distracted with her thoughts and started to daydream, later realizing it was her turn to pay and snapped out of it.

After she left the store and got back to the apartment building, she walked up the steps to the room and reached for her keys to unlock the door.

"Ah! Ahh! Why would you go in there?" She heard Kaminari yell out from inside.

"Relax, it's only for a minute." she heard Jirou reply.

"What are they doing in there.." Momo thought to herself.

As Momo walked into the apartment, she saw Kaminari and Jirou on the couch. They were watching a horror movie, and the protagonist of the film was wandering into a room. Momo was quite thankful that she didn't walk into something more..lewd.

"Hey guys! I'm back!" Yaoyorozu said.

"Hey!" Kaminari and Jirou replied.

"Whatcha guys watching?" Momo asked.

"House of the Haunted Hallows 3!" Kaminari responded.

"Oh, fun!" Momo responded as she walked over to the kitchen and set down the bag of food items on the counter. She took the items out of the bag and started to prepare them for cooking. She went to the sink and started washing her hands, and the sound of the sink caught Jirou's attention.