Chapter 13

"Momo, are you crazy?" Kaminari asked, snapping back to his senses. He backed away from her, who had just kissed him by surprise. Kaminari looked back at the hotel to make sure that Jirou wasn't back yet, which she wasn't.

Momo had also realized her mistake and had put a hand over her forehead, shamed with herself.

"Kaminari..I'm..I'm so sorry..I don't know what to say.." Momo said, at a loss for words.

"What? You don't know what to say? How about, maybe, 'I'm sorry I just kissed you', or something along those lines?" Kaminari asked.

"Okay, okay! I'm sorry, Kaminari! I really am..it's just," Momo said, walking over to the railing and looking at the fountain. "Ever since that night you spent with us, when I saw how sweet you were with Jirou and how much you cared for her..in a way, I kind of wanted that as well." Momo revealed.

Kaminari looked at her, then over at the fountain.

"Wait a minute, so you're like, actually into me?" Kaminari asked.

Momo closed her eyes and sighed. "It's not like that." she replied.

"How is it not? You just said that you do." Kaminari said.

Momo turned around and looked at Kaminari directly in the eyes, a seriousness in her face.

"We can't tell Jirou about this, at least not yet." Momo said.

"Yeah, I wasn't planning on telling her right away. It would end up making us both look bad, anyway." Kaminari said. He didn't want to keep secrets from her, but he knew that telling her would devastate her.

Just then, the two of them saw Kyoka run back over towards them.

"Just act like nothing happened." Momo said.

"Yeah, that'll be easy." Kaminari said, sarcastically under his breath.

"Hey guys! Did I miss anything?" Jirou asked, smiling.

"Nope, nothing at all.." Kaminari said.

Jirou noticed a strange vibe between Yaoyorozu and Kaminari, and figured that they might have argued about something while she was gone. Jirou was in an exceptionally happy mood, having just performed in front of a bunch of people. She was having the time of her life.

Regardless, the three of them spent another hour or so at the afterparty, after which they decided to go back inside. The three of them went up to their hotel room and changed into some more comfortable, casual clothes for the night. They met up in the living room area, where Jirou again noticed that Kaminari and Yaoyorozu were exceptionally quiet. She went over to the refrigerator to grab water, then noticed some particular bottles near the back of the fridge, and got an idea. She pulled out a bottle of saké and showed it to Kaminari and Momo.

"Drinks, anyone?" Jirou said, holding the bottle in her hand.

"Wait, what? They actually included that in there?" Momo said, shocked that there was alcohol in the fridge.

"I guess so," Jirou said, looking at it. Jirou thought she would try to liven the mood, since she thought Kaminari and Momo were mad at each other.

"I don't really know if that's such a good idea, Kyoka.." Momo said, looking at the bottle. Momo had never had alcohol before in her life, except for one time at a formal event  where her mother gave her a sip of very fine wine.

"Ah, relax! It's just saké!" Kaminari said, walking over to Jirou. He reached into one of the drawers and pulled out some shot glasses while Jirou took the top off the saké. Jirou poured some into 2 of the glasses for Momo and Kaminari, then Kaminari poured a glass for Jirou.