Chapter 12

(Author's Note: This chapter is very, very long compared to the other chapters. I suggest you find somewhere comfortable, grab a cup of coffee or your favorite beverage, and embark on this journey through Chapter 12.)

6 MONTHS BEFORE

Around this time, Kyoka was still living in Kyoto with her parents.

Kyoka had just got back from school and had been planning on surprising her then-boyfriend for their 2-year anniversary. Her boyfriend's name was Dante, and he had short black hair. He was about the same height as Kaminari, but nothing like him at all. 

Anyway, Kyoka snuck out of her house around 6 in the afternoon and went over to where Dante usually hung out, which was at a cafe a few blocks away from Jirou's house. Typically, he would go there to talk to his friends until it was time to go home. Kyoka had it all planned out. Since Dante was into skateboarding, she decided to craft him a skateboard. She researched it all online, the process of making a skateboard, and she went to work. It took her a little over 3 months to complete, since she had to restart after she was dissatisfied with the way the first attempt turned out. It was all black with purple wheels and had a beautiful design engraved into the sides of the board. She carried it with her and ran down towards the cafe, eager to give it to him so she can see the look on his face when he sees what she did for him. 

However, none of that ever happened.

As Kyoka turned the corner and had the place in sight, she saw Dante standing outside of the cafe with someone. She figured it was probably just one of his friends who was about to leave. But as she got closer, she noticed that it was a girl with long, black hair. Jirou stopped in her tracks and watched them for a few seconds. They were talking and laughing, and Kyoka was still too far away to really hear what they were talking about. Dante then leaned in towards the girl, put a hand on her waist, then kissed her on the lips. The girl wrapped her arms around his neck, and the two of them kissed. 

Jirou stood there, alone on the sidewalk watching as her boyfriend cheated on her right in front of her very eyes. Rage, sadness, betrayal, you name it, Jirou's heart was cycling through all of these emotions in a matter of seconds. Her vision became blurred from the sudden rush of tears to her eyes, and she tried her best not to outright scream. She walked forward and crossed the street, nearly getting hit by a car that braked just in time. The driver honked at her and yelled something out of the window, but Jirou didn't even notice it. She was so set on Dante and this girl, that nothing else around her existed. Dante saw Jirou start walking over, and he immediately stopped kissing the girl.

"Ah shit..hey, listen, I gotta go." Dante said to the girl, trying to escape the situation, but it was no use. Jirou was already right next to the both of them, and she tapped the girl on the shoulder. 

"Hey." Jirou said, looking at the girl in her eyes.

"Um, hi? Do I know you?" the girl asked, somewhat obnoxiously. Upon seeing her face, Jirou felt even worse. In Kyoka's mind, the girl was way more attractive than she was. It made sense to Kyoka why Dante would cheat on her, and that was something that made her even more upset.

"You're going to wish you didn't," Jirou said. With both hands on the skateboard, Jirou picked it up and swung at the girl's head with a force so powerful that it knocked the girl to the ground. The girl screamed in pain, but it was barely audible over the sound of the wooden skateboard hitting her head.

"Kyoka! No!" Dante said, trying to get Kyoka away from the girl. It was no use, however, because Kyoka was in a fit of pure rage and anger. Kyoka beat her repetitively with the board while she laid on the floor trying to protect herself with her arms. Dante then grabbed a hold of the board and ripped it out of Kyoka's hands. He then pushed Kyoka against the wall and hit her in the face with his fist, then held her hands to the wall.