20

———

As soon as Sensei left the Demon Slayer Headquarter, they immediately started Pillars Training. They were informed of Nezuko who already conquered the sun, and the battle was then centered around her. It was a training to gain the marks they discussed awhile back. Excessive training was one of the way, but it was also wanted to sharpen the demon slayers' swordmanship.

Pillar is the highest rank in the Demon Corps, therefore they did not have time to train the lower ranks, but starting now, they will focus all their time on training the subordinates and also enhance their own skills.

Tanjirou who was kept 'captived' in Butterfly Estate due to his injury sat with his legs crossed on the roof. He was staring straight into the greeneries that surrounded him. He was drown in his own thoughts, where he was thinking about Sensei.

Was she okay ? Where is she now ?

He was a little worried thinking her condition while being alone. He used to take care of her so she would wear her dress properly and her hair will combed neatly. Now that she was alone, he could only think of the worst possibilities.

He was worried about Nezuko as well. He have not seen her ever since he was treated into Butterfly Estate. He hoped she won't feel alone. He needed to prepare for the upcoming war with Muzan, and he would sacrifice everything to be stronger in order to topple him down, eventhough it was the time he would spend with Nezuko.

He suddenly remembered Sensei's smile. they were so gentle as it graces her lips. That would be the first time he ever seen her face so lively. It always been so emotionless and certain time, sorrow. It made her thinking of her past.

"Did she lost her family to Muzan too ?" He spoke out loud while still staring into the air.

In another part of the Demon Slayer Headquarter, Giyuu was practicing his swings in the air. Although he was seen as an excellent swordmanship, he remembered Sensei's advices. Never stop training all the basic training even after achieving the highest. Always remember your root, she said.

He remembered the last conversation he had with her before she left the Headquarter.

"Sensei." Giyuu slowly stopped walking when Sensei turned around. He let out a sigh as he gently pulled her shoulder to make her face him and fix her kimono and hair. The outside was staring to rain pitter patter, making the surrounding cools.

Giyuu slipped his finger onto her kimono that almost fall from her shoulder, and pulled it over her shoulder before flattening it with his palm. He hastened the black sash around her waist, putting her sword where she would be easy to reach.

"I don't think I am able to achieve it." Giyuu suddenly spoke, breaking the silence in between them.

"What is it ?" Sensei's brows furrowed at his sudden remarks, sensing the negative vibe came from the boy.

"The mark. I don't think I am worthy enough for that." He clenched onto her kimono, crumpling it with his face contorted in pain at his memories of the past. He remembered his friend's death, Sabito, who even braver than him. Because of his friend, he was alive today. His best friend, who he swore to live as long as he lives, died sacrificing himself from him.

Suddenly, he was surprised by a slender fingers cupping his cheeks and forcing him to look up. He looked into a pair of onyx eyes that was looking into his eyes with disappointment.

"This is what I get for training you ?" She clicked her tongue dangerously, creating a shiver went down his spine.

Sensei then threw him onto the wooden floor with a loud thud, making him staring in speechless towards a bright red flower that stood strong over a blue petals flower on the ground.