Preparation.

They reached the room prepared by the Ubuyashiki household, and Toyoru guided her to a place that she could comfortably seat. On the soft pillow, he gently set her to seat. Toyoru watched as Aranea turned her head the other way, he sighed. He knew his wife still mad that he did not allow her to follow them in the search of the progenitor.

"I'm going no matter what." she said.

"I won't let you go. You're staying here."

"What if something happens to you ? I can be there to save you !"

"We're going to have more pillars and Demon Slayers to behead him. It will take years to gather them, and we'll make sure we won't create a lot of sacrifices."

He noticed her frowns, avoiding to face him. He took a seat in front of her, his hands went to grab her soft hands. He gazed down, seeing how soft her hands actually were. It was due to her demonification that her bruised and calloused hands were healed. He caressed them and used the best of the time to feel the gentleness of her wife that being hard to herself.

"I want you to be there for our children." He said gently, looking at her with a pleading eyes. He held her hands in his and watched as she opened up to him again. A sad frown formed on her face and his heart softened. His wife hid so much of her feelings that he himself was so hard to read her. Since a child, she was forced to live as an adult. It pained him inside and wished to only let his wife live without any more worries in this world. However, her kind heart won't stop worrying until the last demon being slain.

"Would they accept me ? I'm a demon now." She bit her lower lips, holding the tears from falling from her eyes.

"Why are you wearing these bandages ?" He questioned, and she did not answer, or she was just trying to hold off her sob that coming in her throat. He let go of her hands and went to the bandages that was tied behind her back. He slowly undo it and there he saw her eyes who was gazing blankly with a set of tears starting to fall from her eye.s. Not only his heart softened, but broke as well.

"Me being blind is a proof that Michikatsu is living today. I don't want to see this world with these cursed eyes." She closed her eyes, allowing more and more tears onto her cheeks.

Toyoru brought his fingers under her chin and made her looked up to him. He gazed into her glistening plum red eyes.

"You have the most beautiful eyes I have ever seen, your red eyes." He leaned closer whereas Aranea's eyes widened at his words. She was taken aback, and her heart as if floated from those weight that weighing her down.

"I still remember vividly the first time I looked into your red eyes. Nothing can replace those red eyes, not these eyes." Aranea's hands clenched onto his trousers as he leaned even closer, his fingers moved over her jawline to the back of her head.

She closed her eyes when she felt his soft lips touched hers.

———

Years had passed, and the Demon Slayers Corps grew dramatically due to in need of swordmen to kill Muzan. The four pillars did their best to search and teach the subordinates and some of them were exceptional and even gained Pillar title. Toyoru insisted Aranea to stay in her room and she would sulk a lot and not letting Toyoru undo her bandages.

However, sometimes, she would sneak out to see the progress. She watched from afar how Gyemi taught a few Demon Slayers to sharpen their breath control so they can hold it longer. Before long, an idea popped up in her head and she wore her bandages again.

She decided to dance the traditional dance taught by Toyoru which he told her that it was a dance that being passed down for generation. It was only a simple dance at first, but his father applied the application of breath into the dance and they can dance it longer that it usually do.

She would use the dance to train her breath control and it took her five years to develop herself into dancing from the dawn to dusk. Toyoru was amazed at first but he dislikes the way she would push herself from doing something related to the training and he wanted her to stay passive.

However, she had her own aim to uphold.

"She has been there from noon ?" Yaboku asked Gyemi who stood next to him with his arm crossed. Iseki was at the other side, watching as Aranea dancing under the sunset view. Her body moved gracefully, much different from how he witnessed Toyoru dancing it in a manly way.

"Toyoru told me the dance is their traditional dance for their breath control training." Iseki said.

"I used to watch Toyoru dance during the winter and he only goes for around four hours due to his heart that began to freeze."

"Winter ?" Gyemi exclaimed.

"That's intense." Yaboku added.

"I don't like that she pushed herself to do them." All of them turned to see Toyoru watching his wife from afar, his eyes were a longed gaze.

"She can do the dance during winter from dawn to dusk."

"That's a good thing right ? She can come with us if she wants to." Gyemi said.

"No." Toyoru immediately replied and all of them did not say anything. It was understandable. It was Ubuyashiki Kagemi's order, yes, but it was also that it was his wife. He might only wanted the best for her.

———

Aranea sat crossed legs in the middle of the room with her eyes closed. She was undergoing her meditation after a long time. She was feeling a little tired as well as she did not consume any food since the first time she was turned into a demon. She could not consume human, and have human meat as well. She did not know what she needed to do to let go of the tireness building onto her.

She opened her eyes when she felt a familiar presence by the shoji door.

"Aranea." his soft voice came into her ears and she turned her body towards him. She felt his hands ghostly around her head and the bandages soon off from her, and she looked up to see a pair of lustful eyes from Toyoru. She clenched onto his clothes as he kept staring her down, moving his fingers along her jawline. She closed her eyes when he leaned down, moving his lips into a thirsty movements which were none different from her.

He used his arm to pull her closer into him and she let him did the night magical. It was the most memorable night with a little tension. She was loving the night and she finally could sleep after a long years.

Toyoru gazed down the beautiful face of his wife, moving the strands of her hair away from her face to get a better view of her. His heart torn apart, but he kept himself strong. He was scared, but he was angry as well.

"The night has come, my love. If anything happens to me, you'll be there for our children. They need their mother again." He leaned into her and peck her temple.

"I love you, my dear."

Aranea smiled and snuggled into his arm when he hugged her for the last time, before he stood up from her and prepare for the long-awaiting battle.

———

Soo many time skipped, but I had wasted enough time and I wanted to end this quickly.
(And also I have said this in many chapters already sigh)