22

Hello my loyal readers. It's not that I wanted to rush things, but I only got all the time this week and I don't want to delay my update any more than before. I would like to end this story before I get even busier. So here is another chapter :* (ew who uses that emoji anymore)

———

Sensei suddenly felt herself floating in the air. She was actually running towards the headquarter since she could feel the sensation of the head of the Demon even from afar. To answer her location, she only stays around the corner of the Demon Corps headquarter to fend off any demon that dares taking step closer to the place. It also did not go unnotice how the demon kept ambushing her. She knew it was Muzan's doing.

She allowed the gravity pulling her to any surface and landed carefully onto the floor that she noticed it was fragile if she stepped too hard. This place kinda reminded her of the house with the drum demon. She quickly entered into a sprint, holding the sword on her waist to keep it still.

Sensei tried to find a way to get out of the unending hallways. She was getting tired of it and Muzan had succesfully made the calm woman frustrated. The place was looping as if he wanted her to stay where she was until all the madness he created end.

With that, she decided to slash any shoji door came into her way. As expected, there was another hallway behind the shoji door she just cut down and she continued to find if any of other demon slayers were also in here. The sound of their bloodstream she came to familiar with was pulsating around her and she knew they were close.

At the end of the hallway she took, there was a gap in between that she needed to jump to get across. She already knew what to do, and did just she supposed to. However, a shoji door appeared where she hit against it and fell down into another unending fall.

"Motherfucker !" She swore out of frustration. Muzan was enjoying this, she clicked his tongue. She let herself fall to anywhere it leading her, until she felt a strong bloodstream closeby. Her heart almost stopped and her hand instinctively brought her sword onto a shoji door and punctured through to stop herself from falling any more.

As she came into a stop, she did a backflip and tiptoed on her handler. She knew her blade could not hold any longer, so she took a small jump from it and did a kick to the shoji door in her face. She quickly took her blade and ran towards the bloodstream she was hearing.

The bloodstream she was hearing was a raging one, almost similar to what she would always hear when Muzan is near. However, this one was more of an anguish, a sorrow.

She continued running to reach him even faster. Her heart beats even faster as she almost reaching him.

She was outside of the house before a burning charcoal and a heated mushroom soup. She took a wooden spoon next to her and tasted the soup, and she smiled softly.

She turned around when she felt a presence coming towards her way. He came closer and sat next to her. Her heart warming at his presence. It always so warm and made all of her worries washed away. She heard him chuckles.

"Can I have a taste ?" he asked. She nodded and took the wooden spoon and a bit of hot mushroom soup. She blew the soup to soothen it before she feed him, which she could see how he was enjoying the food she had just finish cooking.

"It's really delicious !" he exclaimed, and she laughed warmly. He then pulled her by her wrist and pecked her cheek, surprising Sensei.

"It's cold out here. I'll be inside and wait for the soup." She watched him as he retreated to the house. Her smile slowly withered before she puts out the fire, using her unused kimono to carry the soup into the house.

"Let me help you." she heard another voice and she felt the soup lighten in her hands. She heard a hiss coming his way and she quickly pulled the pot back into her.

"Don't you dare touching it barehand !" she scolded him, and this time, she felt the pot completely gone from her hand.

"I'm stronger than you, sweetie." She felt a peck on her lips and a soft sound of repeating 'hot' slowly gone into the house. She moved her fingers onto her lips and smiled afterwards. She felt her heart warming and her stomach filled with butterflies.