Under the sunlight, you accepted me.

Our children were left to the old lady that delivered me during my labor. Both Toyoru and me were in the middle of the field, and we both were facing each other with each other's swords. I couldn't see him, so I couldn't see what his face looked like. I was already missing looking at his cheeky smile.

At the other hand, I didn't know the man was bearing pain. He couldn't hold his positive attitude that day, thinking he was betrayed by the one he loved. His brows almost knitted together, his lips were pursed holding the rage inside of him from bursting. I never knew him being silent the evening would lead to what comes next.

It was two months after that incident with Michikatsu and me losing my eye sight. Thanks to my intense training, I could still locate any attack coming towards me, so me and Toyoru practiced together to improve my sense in a battle.

We both took our blade, and readied them
in front of us. We decided to only spar without using our breath. I frowned when I heard steps coming my way and I could sense an attack from my right, and I quickly swung my blade to parry the swing sent by Toyoru. It was an expected attacking spree from Toyoru as he did it moderately in each sparring, but as seconds went by, he became more unpredictable and I began to worry. I did parry all of his attacks but most of them were a close call. The last swing he gave me was too hard that it throws me to the ground and my sword flew away from me.

I was so stunned that I couldn't move or even bother to take my hair from tickling my face. My right elbow and palms were scratched from falling onto the ground, but Toyoru didn't come to help me from the ground.

"You- Why did you- Why does it has to be-" I heard him choked on his voice in every sentence he tried to say. I finally get what happened. I knew this day would come. I should already be prepared, but I didn't know the actual time it happens, it broke my heart to pieces.

"Michikatsu is a demon.." His voice came out from his hurting throat. I clenched my fist on the ground, my heart aching in pain thinking Toyoru was hurting knowing what I did. Guilt went all over me and I couldn't even look into his face if I could.

"Why, Aranea.. why a demon ? Why didn't you tell me the truth earlier ?" He said, and I swore I could hear him talking in between his cries. I heard shuffling around me and I felt a pair of strong hands holding me, making me facing his way. By this time, we both have tears running down our cheeks with him crying in pain and me crying in guilt.

"You fell in love with a demon ? Don't you know what that creature did to us ? Don't you know how many loved ones they had taken from someone ?!"

"I despised demon as much as you do !" I shouted followed by tears dropping intensely onto my cheeks. My burning palms clenching onto his black kimono, feeling my heart crumpled at my own mistakes. Toyoru eyes were widening as I screamed and taken aback seeing how I cried so awfully in front of him.

"He- He was different." my lips quivered, looking where I thought his eyes were. When I said that, all those smiles and gestures Muzan gave me came before my eyes. I clenched my teeth, feeling my heart torn even more remembering my first love.

"I- I didn't know what I was thinking, falling in love with him.." I closed my eyes, hiding the fact that his onyx eyes alone made my stomach filled with butterflies.

"I ran away, hoping I could start anew, but it seems like he will keep haunting me." I confessed, and I was developed into a hug. I returned the hug and cried, thinking how awful I was. I was running away from my past mistakes and keep creating new ones. I was started to hate every choices that I made, putting Toyoru's life and my children's life in misfortune.

"Don't worry, Aranea, we will go through this together." He pulled himself from me, and I stared to nothing that actually into his eyes. His tears dripping down his face with a smile on his lips.

"Michikatsu and Yoriichi are our son. They are nothing related to any demon." He said, and I could feel fresh tears dropping again.

"Our son, Michikatsu, has the most beautiful pair of eyes I've ever seen." Once he finished that line, I could imagine the plum red eyes from Muzan. Toyoru might referring to those pair of eyes. Michikatsu could be inheriting Muzan's eyes, and she always tried to hide the fact that they were indeed, the most beautiful eyes I had ever seen.