28

"Tanjirou."

"Tanjirou !"

His eyes widened open. He thought he was dead. Was he actually really dead ? The place was not the place he last seen. It supposed to be around where it darks and a ferocious Kibutsuji Muzan within it. However, he was in a calm and peaceful place with a soft-spoken man calling for him. He looked around and breath in the finally fresh air from any blood and poison, before he turned to look at a silver haired male sitting next to him while looking over the empty clearings before.

"Who are you ?" He asked, and when the man turned around, Tanjiro almost lost his breath.

The man before him looked exactly like his father.

"Tanjiro-kun. Please, do me a favor." The man said, and Tanjiro looked confused. Was this a dream or reality ? Why would a ghostly person in his dream asking for a favor ?

"Please kill Muzan and Aranea." When Muzan was mentioned, Tanjiro almost flipped. His body turned fully to face the man but his face looked sullen, no any hatred displayed in his facial.

"They are trapped in this world they are not allowed to live in together. They only longing for each other, but that feelings made them continuously suffer in this world. Do me a favor and kill both of them." The man continued to explain, and Tanjiro already felt his heart beating painfully as if he himself suffering in their stead, feelings the anguish of living in the world of forbidden love.

Now he knew why Muzan lived the way he was, although not entirely. Muzan was in pain and he was angry. The only thing that drove people to kill others because of the pain in their heart.

"I-I know Muzan, but who is Aranea ? Where can find her ?" Tanjirou asked the man and the latter looked down with a sorrow look.

"She had always been so close to you the whole time." He spoke, and he eyed somewhere in the room where a sniffles suddenly appear. Tanjiro followed his gaze, and it fell on Aranea who was crying in the corner in a mess, her eyes were a pair of plum red eyes. She was hiding behind her hair and arms, trying to hide herself from the world. Tanjirou's heart aches watching her.

"She wanted to escape the world, she always had." Tanjirou turned to look at the man as he did the same, his eyes looked straight into him.

"Only you can do it." He added. Tanjirou gulped down, trying to fix all the things he just received in his heart, gathering any strength he had to acknowledge what he had to do.

"W-Who are you ?" Tanjirou asked, and the man smiled.

"I'm Kamado Toyoru."

———

Tanjirou opened his eyes after that, and it was dark, depressing, dirty place again. It was reality again, with a new aim that someone from the dream just entrusted to him. Grabbing the sword close to him, he finally recognized the sword. He could feel it as if it was the man who was being by his side right now. As he looked up, both of the person mentioned looked broken and miserable like as been described as Toyoru.

They were suffering.

He clenched the blade, and he felt a hand on his shoulder. He turned around and saw Nezuko with a worried look on her. Tanjirou held her hand with an assurance smile. He knew what he was doing, and he doing just that.