21

Muzan sat comfortably on a traditional cushion with some kind of a map in his hands, his plum red eyes scanning up and down to locate the actual place the demon who had recently conquered the sun was residing.

"Where do you think the demon is now, Nakemi ?" He spoke while his eyes still on the map. Nakemi, the Upper Moon Four did not answer his questioning due to another sight that took over her. He knew she was watching something, which lead him to smile bemusedly.

He then lowered his map, his smile curled downward with his eyes hardened with a dangerous pair of eyes he had always wearing. The demon's name came across his mind that put an irritated frown over his brows.

"Kamado Nezuko... Kamado..." he clenched his map and almost shredding it. The surname surely had brought a memory from the past. He supposed to feel the opposite, however, he never knew while it keep make him so frustrate in some way. The image of his face made him wanted to turn back time and did the same to him over and over again until he actually satisfy today. He was still swaying in his own thoughts until Nakemi started to talk, breaking his train of thoughts.

"All the demons has been slained, Muzan-sama." Nakime said, catching his attention as she informed the originator. Muzan's eyes widened with a hint of amusement, instantly putting on a facade to hide his weakness to be known.

"All 20 of them ? As expect of Aranea. 20 was a number too small for her anyway.." He grabbed the map back in his hand and closed it.

"My apologize for intruding, Muzan-sama, but we are losing so much on her. I think we need another plan." Nakemi said, almost deadpanned. She was infamous with her calm demeanour, and Muzan noticed her uneasiness. It was understandable to witness Sensei's killing spree that not any pillar could ever done.

"Actually, I think it's already time." He put the map aside as he stood up.

"Be prepared, Nakemi." he said before vanished into thin air.

———

Within the dark forest, there was something that created sparks as the sound of metals met. It continues in a speed that was almost inhuman, until one of them decided to pin the other and they looked at each other in a close proximity. A pair of red eyes stared down in determination at the other pair of black eyes.

"Looks like I won the spar." Tanjirou exclaimed with a smirk before he released his strength and let Giyuu free who nodded in approval.

"You did a good job, Tanjirou. It's about time." Tanjirou smiled warmly at what Giyuu said. He sheathed his blade while the hashira did the same, sensing their surrounding grew eerily quiet.

"Do you know where Sensei is ?" Tanjirou asked Giyuu, and the latter only reply with silence. Tanjirou looked down in disappointment. He was worried at the female, especially how there were no sign of other demons around too.

Was she being kept captived by Muzan ? It was hard to believe since Sensei was strong enough to escape the vicious man.

It reminded him of that day when he witnessed Sensei with her fiery blade, and performing a breath he had been searching for the longest time. If only he had time to ask her about the breath and how to properly manifest it.

All of a sudden, he smelled something. Something nasty within the headquarter. He turned to look at Giyuu which surprised the hashira who seen the look of shock on Tanjirou.

"Kibutsuji Muzan appear ! Kibutsuji Muzan appear !" The name took his breath away as he started to sweat. The look of horror fall on both Tanjirou and Giyuu.

"He's at Ubuyashiki Estate ! Head to Ubuyashiki-sama now !" The crow continued to announce, and Giyuu instantly started to run towards the said place. His heart pounding harshly thinking his master would die in the hand of the monster.

"Let's go, Tanjirou !" Giyuu shouted and the younger did not wait another second to enter into a sprint, following behind the hashira.

Tanjirou's emotions was mixed. He was thrilled to know the person he swore to kill was close to him now. He was also afraid what the man could possibly do to Kagaya. His heart beating so hard against his chest, even his mind went elsewhere to think about how was Sensei's condition.

Finally, Ubuyashiki Estate had come into view, but soon after, an explosion happened. His eyes widened into an absolute horror. He could smell many bloods coming from that way.