Last meeting.

Yoriichi was getting worried of his mother after a week of not meeting her. He told his younger siblings to stay at home and take care of Kotou. They all understand that his brother was going to meet Aranea and how the female did not want to meet them. They told Yoriichi to tell Aranea that they miss her badly.

Yoriichi reached her small home and saw both that her sandals neatly placed at the front door. His heart softened and knocked on the door before entering the home.

He saw his mother sitting in the middle with her legs crossed as she was meditating. She had her bandages around her eyes like usual with his father's blade next to her. He went to sit in front of her.

For the half an hour, they stayed silent. The meditating was one of the first thing his father taught them, saying it was very crucial for them to sharpen their senses.

He never knew it was taught by his mother until his father told him.

"Yoriichi." His mother broke the silent. He just watched as Aranea took the blade from her side and hand it over to him.

"Take this blade and passed it down to the next generation and continues. I want you to protect everyone in our family from Kibutsuji Muzan." She said, her voice were hold firm eventhough her sobs were threatening to come out.

Yoriichi stared at her strong posture. He was surprised that she gave him the blade after keeping it to herself. What does this mean ? Was she going to leave again ?

He raised his hand to take the blade, but he held his mother's hand in his to get a confirmation to what had been playing in his mind alone. He saw her flinched.

"Mother, tell me, who is our father ?" He asked, he was nervous to hear the truth. He knew the truth, but he really wanted to hear it from her mother.

Michikatsu being a demon was a mystery when they were a child, until they grew older and the only thing came in their mind is that they were not Toyoru's sons.

"Please say no.." he plead silently with his teary eyes. Silence coming from his mother put a lot more pressure on him.

"Kibutsuji Muzan.. is he Michikatsu and I's father ?"

Yet, the silence continues. His hand was shaking on his mother's hand, and Aranea was beating herself up seeing her son slowly breaking in front of him.

It was all her fault that their family was hurting.

Yoriichi began to sob. He could not hold the pain anymore. He remembered Toyoru, all of the time they used to train together, their laughs blending in together along with Michikatsu. Toyoru taught them everything and poured them both love from a mother and father. He was convinced that Toyoru was their father, but a question kept nagging in his mind.

Toyoru still accepted them eventhough they were the sons of the cruel man. He still accepted Aranea eventhough she was in love with a demon.

He protected them till his last breath.

The blade in their hands were shaking when Yoriichi tried his best not to let out sounds from his cries, however it was hard to do so. Aranea was crying too seeing his son was completely broken.

It was all her fault.

In the end, Yoriichi snuggled into his mother's arms with his head laid in her lap, his father's sword was in his arms. Aranea caressed his hair gently in her slender fingers.

"Mother, thank you for still accepting both me and Michikatsu."

"Don't say that." her voice was come out as an anger, but she held it in. It anger her to hear that he thought there was an option for them.

"Demon or not, you're our son. You're both Toyoru's and mine. Never say otherwise. We are the one who should thank you for appearing in our lives." She pulled her hair away from his temple to leave a peck.

"Thank you so much, my star. We love you and your other siblings so much, remember that."

Yoriichi teared up again.

"I wish Michikatsu is here." Yoriichi said silently. Aranea smiled.

"When I see him, I will tell him how much all of us love him." she continued caressing his hair gently.

"As a mother, I know your older brother love you and the others as much as we do."