027

"I should be over all the butterflies but I'm into you, I'm into you and even baby our worst nights, I'm into you, I'm into you..." Franz and I sang the chorus with all our lungs, the song blasted through the car's stereo, moving with no destination... and of course Shanti covering his ears and rolling his eyes to us.

After that heartbreaking confrontation with Lance (started calling him Lance because he's not my Migo anymore) Shanti immediately went to me, snatched my hand and dragged me away from Lance, his grip on my wrist was on full force. Like he's stopping himself on making Lance a punching bag.

It's already night and we made a pact to not check our phones, though labag sa loob ko (I must report to Vince everything!) at ni Shanti, we did it because Franz seemed tipsy... and now drunk.

"Shit, Franz sit down!" I grabbed his wrist when he stood up and danced like an idiot.

"And on the drive back to my house I told you that, I told you that I loved ya! C'mon Gwy, sing with me! I'm into you! I'm into you!" He shouted while holding onto the car, I giggled and stood beside him. I looked at Shanti and he just sighed and followed us.

We swayed, we sang, we jumped while holding our beers... Yep, we're drunk.

This is the best night.

After all the tiring singing, Franz lay down, I followed, my head on his tummy, Shanti followed and his head on my tummy, pillows all over us.

"I have something to say..." Franz said with his drunk tone, his eyes closed.

"Hmmm?"

"I miss Layla."

I bit my lip. Look at how love ruins friendship. Love is such a scary feeling.

I will never fall in love again.

"Me too..." I said, reaching onto his hand which is technically, resting on my forehead. Ang bigat!

"Ako din, but with all the issues now? Let's not add fuel to the fire, okay? We'll all be okay..." Shanti assured us.

"I'm sorry Shanti... dahil sa mga issues namin nadamay ka pa." A long pause was heard, "Love is scary talaga no?"

"Yeah..." Franz said.

"Nope." Shanti said.

"Why?" I asked, my eyes opened. We were all drunk. Drunk people, sober thoughts right? Might as well ask Shanti.

"Love is a fascinating feeling. Something that makes you whole, love isn't suppose to scare you, it's supposed to make you feel something incredible. If it scares you, that's not love." Shanti said.

"What about your scared that that person might fall out of love, huh?"

"That's not love. A love is an everlasting feeling, if the person fall out of love, then simply they didn't fall that hard to make them say I love you." Shanti replied effortlessly.

"How can you say that you're in love?" Franz asked.

"You never know. It'll just click then boom, You love that person." Shanti said, using his hands to comminucate the word boom.

Silence.

"You see, relationships need love, but they don't stay alive on love alone." I closed my eyes, hearing Shanti's voice. See, this is why I like it when he's drunk. A man with lots of words of wisdom. Kapag gising kasi ang sungit at snob. "Choices keep them alive; choosing loyalty, faithfulness, sacrifice, commitment, etc. keeps relationships alive. Even choosing to love when you don't feel like loving."

Another long silence until a snore was heard. Franz' asleep.

Lol, weakshit.

"Shanti?"

"Hmm?"

"How can I live now, knowing that he's around and we're not like we're used to?"

"Just let it be. If he loves you, then he'll come back. If he follows you or still looks at you, then he still loves you. Live your life right now. Kiss multiple boys, flirt with strangers, hug your friends, and dance like it's your last time dancing. You deserve life. Forget about him now."

"Hmmm..."

"Eventually, everything will connect. Rest now, I got your asses always. Goodnight..." That was the last words I hear before falling asleep.