047

not so narration type of update :">

•••

November 17, 2019

"Vince..."

"Yeah, that's my name-- wait nasa bar kaba?"

"No! I'm at my house, the Pilates and my friends are here."

"Oh, yeah right."

Silence.

"Vince?"

"Hmmm?"

"Can I talk to you?"

"Wait are you drunk?"

"Yeah..."

"Oh."

"So, can we talk?"

"Honey, we are already talking."

I giggled.

"Personally, I mean, if it's okay of course."

There was a pause before he answered.

"You know, I really love how you talk when you're drunk. I've seen the curious englisherang you, I've witnessed the flirty side of you, and now naging englishera ka ulit. I'm afraid sa susunod mong paglalasing, baka magfliflirt ka kahit kanino tas wala ako sa tabi mo..."

"Vince--"

"Let me talk first, okay?"

I bit my lip.

"Is it okay, Drianna? Can I talk?"

"Sure."

I heard a sigh before he proceeded.

"Do you remember that night on Shanti's birthday? I was there on the balcony. I don't like engaging to people but I want to pay respect to Shanti kasi parang bestfriend ko na din siya slash cousin..."

I knew I heard that voice before, that's why it felt so familiar. My heart felt like I ran a kilometer because of how fast it beats.

"Then suddenly, a girl sat beside me. She was petite, her complexion wasn't that creamy but she wasn't that dark too, an average type of girl I supposed. I disregard her until she started talking, she was amazing. I was completely in awe on how she talks. It was then I realized that I liked her. I stared at her for a few minutes and my cousin noticed it, since then he started telling and reporting about you. Of course, I was in denial at first, but then I couldn't deny the fact that I think about her every night until I decided to transfer to their school on 11th grade."

"I hated associating myself with people, for the whole year I was alone but I kind of like it. I work on a least known bar here in Pineham, it was nice being a waiter of that bar but the manager told me if I know someone who can sing, well, I did, and that was me. Since then, I started singing there... One day, on the most unexpected day of my life, she was there again, drinking," He chuckled, "Why do we always talk whenever she's drunk? I thought that she'll be back with her flowery words that I got attached to but hell, I was freaking shock on how flirty she could get! Of course, when she started vomitting I called Shanti right away, I let her stay on his apartment because I know Shanti's a good dude. He won't hurt her..."

I gulped as I recalled that certain moment in my life. S-so it was him all along?

"I know by now you recognize my voice already, I tried my best on changing my voice everytime we talk on our call pero ang hirap pala, hehe." Ang cute?!

"I love talking to her, I love how her words graciously fell down on her lips, I love how her mind works, I love how we chat almost everyday by now, I love how the universe worked on us, I love everything about her, but I am too scared to tell her, you know?"

"She was like a diamond I am afraid to touch. She was scarred by her past but she still looks beautiful, more beautiful everyday. How could I tell her when I am just m-me..." His voice broke. "I hate how I think at night about like maybe she just like the internet me and not this, I was so fucking jealous with myself... I d-don't know what to do..."

I felt all his pain, his insecurities, and his doubts.

I felt it all.

And it hurts.

It hurts so fucking much.

"V-vince..."

"Drianna, that girl is you... I don't deserve you... yet." He added and sighed.

"Baby, let me fix myself first, okay? I promise, I'll come back, and once I will, I'll do my best to have you."

I nod, tears were already flowing on my cheeks. I know where will this get. I know how bad this will hurt.

Bakit ba palagi nalang akong nasasaktan?

"No goodbyes..."

I sighed. Guess this is it.

"No goodbyes, Vince Arthur."