Chapter 25

A/N

Hi!
I just wanted to make this A/N real quick and say that it was really cool to read where you are all from.

That's All For Now!
Enjoy The story!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tony's P.O.V

I wake up feeling a light weight on my shoulder and see that Peter is leaning against me. A smile appears on my face and I pull him a bit closer. I run my hand through his messy curls and kiss the top of his head.

At that moment, I hear someone enter the room and I carefully turn my head so not to wake Peter up. I see Nat and she looks a bit upset, she makes her way over to the living room but stops when she sees that I'm awake.

"I swear, if you say anything...-" I start to whisper but she holds up a hand for me to be quiet. She still looks a little upset. She then carefully makes her way over to me and sits down on the couch. "Is there something wrong?" I ask.

"Is he asleep?" I look over at Peter and we can hear his light snores. I look back at her and nod.

"Did you see the news?"

"Yeah... And I was there..." Nat looks at me a little surprised. "We were driving Peter home and the police were there... Apparently, that bitch of an owner was abusing the children, especially Peter. He told one of the policemen that he used to take most of the beatings to protect the children."

"Even without the mask he's a hero." Nat says with a sad smile.

"And now... that bitch is dead."

"..."

"Tony... There's something I have to show you..." Nat starts. "Me, Clint, Steve and Bucky came up here not that long ago and we saw you sleeping." I frown a little. Clint is never going to let me live this down... "The TV was still on so we muted the volume and went to the normal channels. It opened to the news and... you know..." I nod, looking back at Peter.

"Just to make sure Peter's alright I hacked into the (Goverment? Idk) and searched up his name. He currently lives at 'New Haven Orphanage'." I nod and she takes a pause. I sense that something isn't right.

"Is there something wrong Nat?" I ask a little worried. She takes a deep breath and she showes me a video on her phone. "Where is this...?" Then I see Peter.

He looks to be a in a dining hall. There's several kids there, all crowding around him and another guy, that guy holding Peter by the collar of his hoodie. Then a man appears and yells at them both. The guy who held up Peter says some bullshit with the fakest voice I've ever heard. Then the man... Slaps?! -...Peter and starts yelling at him!? I feel my blood boil out of anger.

Who the fuck does he think he is?! Hitting my kid like that?! Peter just came out of an abusive home, and now he has to stay in another one. Does he ever get a break?

"This was from this morning. I managed to hack into the camera system in building and..." She changes to another video in what looks to be an attic. Peter is getting beat up by the same guys from this morning. "This is from yesterday... when he came to that orphanage..."

I am Pissed. Really pissed. I wanna burst into that orphanage with my suit and just... *Sigh* Ok. ok, ok, ok, ok... Take it easy... just...

"What can we do about it?" I ask. Nat takes a moment to answer.

"This might sound... over the top... but..." She starts.

.

"How about you and Stephen adopt him?"