Chapter 41

Peter's P.O.V

I hate this!

I hate this! I hate this! I hate this!

I know I'm asleep, but I just can't wake up. I'm in an endless loop of nightmares and it's torturing me.

I always 'wake up' in the same place. My cell.

This time though, when I 'wake up', I'm not in my cell... I'm in... I'm in that small room with the cracked wall and where I woke up after I lost my memory.

I'm laying in bed, but I carefully sit up. Isn't Dr. Faustus suppose to come in now and tell me all those lies? But no one comes through the door. No one is sitting on the chair next to my bed.

I carefully stand up, slightly wincing from my feet touching the cold floor. I start to make my way out of the room but as soon as I do that, the room becomes pitch black. Then, a second later, I'm somehow in... the hallway to the elevator. Actually, I'm standing right in front of it. I'm just about to press the button to call the elevator down, when I hear a weak voice behind me.

"P... Peter...?" I quickly turn around and see Wade, his back against the wall... a knife... in his stomach... He isn't wearing his mask. I quickly run over, panicked.

"Wade...! Oh god... oh god, oh god, oh god... What...-" I put my hand over my mouth, feeling the tears prick my eyes.

"It's your fault...! It's your fault Peter...! Because of... You... I'm going to die..." He says. "Everyone Poor, Worthless, Orphan, Freak Peter Parker meets will die...!" Then, all of a sudden, The hallway becomes a little brighter and I see several bodies just... just laying in the hallway... They're all bleeding.

"No... no I... I couldn't... I wouldn't... I would never do this...!" I yell and I back away from Wade, but in the end, I hit the wall and Wade starts to crawl towards me. The other bodies starts to do the same and now I see who they are.

Tony and Stephen are severely injuried... and so are the rest of the Avengers... It looks like they just climbed out of a grave because they look skeleton like. Wade's apperance also starts to become disfigured.

They all surround me and I fall to my knees, sobbing. They keep on chanting the same thing in unison.

"It's all your fault! Everyone Poor, Worthless, Orphan, Freak Peter Parker meets dies!"

"I T ' S  Y O U R  F A U L T!"

And it's true.

I only put people in danger. And I guess I'll always be an orphan. I mean, my biological family is dead and who knows how long it will be until Tony, Stephen, Wade and the rest of the Avengers die... Because I'm...-

.

They all get closer and closer and I start to hyperventilate. I feel claustrophobic, like the walls are caving in on me. When they reach me they start to hit me, kick me and shake me violently.

It hurts...

It hurts so much...

I close my eyes and hope to wake up soon.

.

.

.

My eyes fly open and I quickly sit up, feeling the tears flood down my cheeks. I frantically look around the room I'm in and I realize I'm in the med-bay at the tower.