Chapter 2

"Hold on,I'm almost there." Hermione whispered to the frog and it leaped out of her hands as a fly pass by her wavy curls. She yelped and pushed her hair to another shoulder. Hermione was glad her brown bushy hair had turn to wavy curls that flowed down to her waist. It made her look more elegant, and of course Ron told her she was pretty with the new hairstyle.

She snapped back to reality. Where did that student frog go? No no, please don't be lost. Or maybe if you were,please be sensible enough to go to Professor McGonagall office. Hermione scanned the floor, where robes were blocking her view and so were the shoes. She wandered into another empty hallway and found the frog. There you are! she scream to herself. 

As she scrambled to pick it up, she fell over and her elbow crash onto the ground. She was afraid she broke her bone. And especially not today. It was Quidditch. Ron was having a little date with her,eating chocolate frogs and butterbeer while watching the players soared by. That would be wonderful. 

Her wand was still safe in her robes. Thank Merlin. 

"Oh look ! Someone fell. It's a pity that it was mudblood Granger , or perhaps I would have help that person up.Poor girl." 

Pansy laughed that horrible high pitched laughter. Don't let yourself be in trouble.You're Head Girl,Hermione warned herself and bended her right knee. Yeah,she was totally dramatic. It was just a fall. How could she be so weak and break a bone? 

Pansy was with Blaise Zabini and Goyle. No sign of that stupid ferret. Oh!He was suppose to be at the Qudditch pitch. How can she forget? 

"Yeah yeah ,whatever Parkinson." Hermione took the frog and walked off. But of course it wasn't that easy. Pansy slashed out her wand and shouted stupefy at her.

She did not even need to look back. She too,took out her wand and muttered some spells she'd learn at the restricted section of the library. A shield block that spell and send it back to Parkinson. Goyle scream as Zabini caught her before she got knocked out unconscious. 

Hermione didn't even looked back. She whispered the password and climbed the stairs up to Headmaster's office. "Professor McGonagall? I hope your're still there.I'm Hermione. " 

There was silence. Had she gone to the Quidditch pitch already? There's still fourty minutes. 

"Ms Granger! " McGonagall swung the door open and beckoned her inside. The frog croaked louder and tears started falling out from those big glossy eyes. 

"Professor! Ron-I mean, I accidentally cast a spell on a first-year. I'm really sorry-"

"No worries, Ms Granger. Don't you remember? I used to teach Transfiguaration. "she winked at Hermione and she felt calm. She'd always wonder how Harry felt like,having a strong and experience wizard keeping him safe. This must be the feeling. 

"Ah,but it's been recreated. It's not original. " She didn't told Ron that. He doesn't know how to make a spell, after all. For the last few years, she'd seen Ron cast spells. Those weird sparks that flew out from her wand was a sign that he did it wrongly.

 McGonagall smiled and waved her wand in so many movements that even Hermione tried to copy it, but she lost count. Maybe she'll do some research later after Quidditch. The frog croaked one last time and he turned back into a boy. 

Hermione was very well alarmed that she was late. "Professor! I have to go now. I've got some things to do."

"Well then ,run along dear, don't miss it. " 

Hermione thanked McGonagall one last time and jogged down the corridors until she found the entrance to the Great Hall. There was hardly anyone left. Missing her breakfast, she went to the Quidditch pitch and squeezed through the Ravenclaws and a bunch of Hufflepuffs. 

Harry must be somewhere. Everyone was chattering so loudly, they'd probably missed it so badly after the war. Hermione ran down the green slopes and found the robes room. Harry should be shouting or something.He was still captain. I mean, playing seeker from first year in a few centuries and defeating the dark Lord, adding the fourth year at Hogwarts, he entered the triwizard tournament and rode on the broomstick with a dragon chasing him. Honestly, if he wasn't made captain, everyone would started having war. 

"Granger! "someone called out her name. "Harry?"she turned , and knitted her eyebrows and frown as she saw the person. Draco immediately shook his head violently as he pick his words carefully this time. 

"Mudblood Granger! You wouldn't expect me to actually call you by your last name now, right? Are you here to wish me luck? Because that would be nice." Hermione rolled her eyes. 

"Actually I am here to wish someone luck,but just not you." 

"You mean Harry? Of course you would! But you see, you'd done it so many times for him. Don't I get some luck too? " Draco smirked and swung his broomstick. 

"Leave me alone."Hermione growled and storm off ,but a hand yanked her backwards. She was totally embarassed that she almost topple on that ferret.

He didn't have that smirk now on his face. He was smiling ,but very creepily and evil. Then it hit Hermione in the face. He have the resemblance of his father, who passed away recently.That smile when Lucius Malfoy threatens anyone or tries to kill. 

"Say it." He grab her wrist tighter. Hermione took out her wand and pointed at his nose like she was poking an ant. " Let go of me , idiot."

He released her hand and lowered her wand down. "I wouldn't want my nose broken before the match now. See you later, mudblood."

He walk back to the pitch tent where the other slytherins are. They weren't so bad now, and the only bad ones left were Pansy Parkinson and Malfoy. Others didn't really bother anyone. In fact, Hermione was the only muggle born left to be called mudblood.

It's time for the match. Hermione pushed through the crowds and sat down, waiting for Ron.