Chapter 8

"Hermione, help me!" Ron wailed and threw her a scroll of parchment.

"What? Oh - your charms homework."

"Quick, I can't hand in a paragraph of words or not Professor Flitwick shall give me detention. Thank Merlin its not Professor Bradford - he's a replica of Professor Snape!"

"Well I'm glad he is. I kind of missed sorting out flobberworms for him. "

"And seeing the long black robes billowing when he passed through the dungeons. "Hermione said.

"Just help me out already!"Ron slammed the table and the cinnamon rolls toppled off the plate. Hermione didn't see him this agitated for a long time.

Hermione took the parchment and guided him. They still had a few hours till Charms class, so Ron might be able to finish it.

" Just write the cause and effect." Hermione indicated it to Ron for the third time, but he just seemed more irritated.

"How do I do that? Can you at least help me write?" Ron pushed his hand into his hair and stared at the now three paragraph work.

"Ron! Professor Flitwick will recognised my handwriting! Besides, you won't know how to do it for your lifetime if you don't try."

"Might as well just get detention than to fuss over such thing!" Ron rolled up the parchment and threw it aside, and continued to eat the toast.

Hermione took the parchment back and threw it at him. "You've got to try - or you'll fail your exams! How are you going to be an auror?"

Ron glared at her. "I hate this. You know what? I don't care anymore. We're having potions - better have detention with Professor Flitwick rather than Professor Bradford. See you guys later."

Ron walked off, leaving Harry with Hermione and Ginny. "What happened to him? He would try when I ask him to. Is it just me or is he a little off today?" Hermione grumbled softly.

"Not just today. That idiot brother of mine has been really sensetive, especially when I ask about you. Or Cho Chang." Ginny said.

"Cho Chang? Like, Cho Chang? The ravenclaw - Cho Chang?" Harry asked repeatedly, his eyes widened.

"Yes, yes, and yes, Harry James Potter. Didn't you know?"

"Blimey - Ron never told me! Well, yeah she kissed him but imagining Ron dating her?"

Ginny narrowed her eyes at him. "Why do you care? There isn't something I don't know about, right Mr Potter?"

Harry laughed. "No, of course not. Come here my beautiful future wife!" and he kissed her on the cheek while Ginny tried to push him away, embarrassed.

Hermione cleared her throat. "Ahem, right - about Ron."

"Whoops. Sorry - well I don't think Ron had shared me more about Cho Chang. And - definently not liking her, Ginny. If you're wondering."

Ginny smiled. "Oh, really? Who is the guy that kiss her during fifth grade-"

"That was like two years ago!"

Hermione looked at them, bickering and smiling over things. It didn't felt bossy, but it made her feel sad. When did this happen after the Quidditch match? Probably the last time he kissed her was that day. Hermione missed the feeling.

" Harry, it's time for potions. Let's go before we have detention . Oh and - Ginny? Help me with Ron, will you? I can't do this by myself. Not without my best friend, alright?"

"On it, Granger. I'll talk to him and get it through that thick skull of his."

Hermione gave her friend a small smile. "Thanks." and she leaned down, "You'll make a good wife for Harry. Don't tell him I said that."

Ginny blushed. "What are you talking about?"

"You'll know soon enough. See you."

Harry and Hermione waved and head down to the dungeons to the classroom. Most of the Gryffindors and Slytherins were there, and Hermione caught Pansy sitting with Blaise, with of course, Malfoy glaring at them from the right.

Ron slipped into the empty space next to Hermione. "Hey, I'm sorry about earlier. I wasn't really - in my mind."

Hermione was still angry. She didn't reply, because Professor Bradford strolled in the room with his brown  robes flowing behind him.

"Class.. Turn to page 165. We will learn more about potions for healing, especially for any of you who would want to be a healer."

Hermione flipped the pages and started examining the label pictures.

"Hermione, please talk to me. I'm really sorry -"

"Ron. We're in class."

"I know, but will you tell me how you feel? Do you forgive me? I know -"

"Just not now, Ron. We don't want to get detention." Hermione replied, not looking at him.

Ron grabbed her hand and Hermione yanked it off. Sometimes he could be so stubborn.

"Mr Weasley! 10 points from Gryffindor for touching Ms Granger's hand."

Everyone's attention turned towards them. Hermione kept her head low, not bothering to look at anyone. She was beyond flustered now.

"But, Professor, we have things to discuss with!" Ron exclaimed and stood up.

The potions master glared at him. "Well, would you perhaps want to share your story on how you were trying to flirt with Ms Granger?"

The Slytherins couldn't help but snickered. Pansy Parkinson laughed a shrill laughter and didn't stop until Professor Bradford glared at her. Draco looked at them, looking more annoyed than he already is. Suprisingly, he didn't laugh at them like he used to.

"Ron! We'll talk later. Sit back down." Hermione tugged onto his sleeve and he frowned, crossing his arms.

"Ah, finally, Ms Granger had come to her senses rather than smelling the table. Good. Now, we can peacefully continue class."

It was time to boil a potion. Everyone took their cauldron out and started chopping bits here and there, tossing and mixing it carefully.

Professor Bradford walked around, insulting some Gryffindors and complaining to the Slytherins. It was clear that he sided no one and was attempted to hate on everyone.

Hermione smelled the purple liquid and stirred it carefully, making sure it wasn't that thick or it would burn the patient's lungs.

Harry took out a worned off book. Hermione eyed the cover and she whispered it under her breath, "The half blood prince."

Harry brushed the binder and flip it to a page where the title wrote : Advance Healing Potions. Harry didn't make any move to start the potion, even if he was sure that he could make a wonderful one with Professor Snape guidance or recreations.

He just simply stared at it. Harry flipped back to the front cover and sighed.

The potions were made by the end of the lesson and Hermione was happy for the excellent marks she got. Ron, on the other hand, got a few more insults with his potion tested on some poor rat that sneaked out from the shelves to search for food. Sadly, it died.

Hermione wasn't sure if this was allowed, but she let it slipped her mind. She was about to walk out the doors with everyone already dismissed, but Draco Malfoy block her way.

He took out a piece of paper and tuck it into her hair that was pin up. He didn't said anything and walked away as she got the paper already.

"What -" Hermione stared at his image getting smaller and she unfolded the paper. It wrote :

Can you meet me at the library later after dinner? I need help with some homework and about Pansy, too. I promise it's not a prank.

P. S do keep your hair this way some time, it looks cute. I can't believe I'm complimenting you, but oh well, what's a hot guy suppose to do if he doesn't flirt?

That ferret, Hermione thought. A smile tugged at her lips and she walked off to finish her homework.