Chapter 21

Hermione walked past the Gryffindors near the staircase and she swept passed them like wind.

She was attempted to avoid everyone and get back to her dormitory safely, without having anyone embarrassing her. But things didn't go right.

"It's Granger girl, guys," Padma Patil laughed along with the gang of bossy girls. After the war, she somehow formed a community where mean girls participated along with her. It was terrifying to know that.

They send owls to each other everyday, sharing the latest gossip so that they can start taking things into action or just criticised people who have affairs with someone they liked.

"What is it?" Hermione snapped.

"Well, what do you think it is?" a girl with freckles splashed across her cheeks giggled. It was so annoying that her sound made her skin cralwed.

"Excuse me?"

Padma placed her hands onto her hips. She smirked at her. "Didn't know that someone like you will stoop your standards this low with a slytherin."

"We were friends!" Hermione said stubbornly.

"Friends don't cuddle like that," another girl added.

"Ah, of course Draco Malfoy is the top guy in our hotty list, isn't it? Any girl would die to be in his embrace. Maybe it would've happen if he wasn't so sticky with Parkinson."

"Well, too bad! Because what do you know?" Hermione shot back at her, her fists clenched to her sides.

"To be honest," Padma let out a few cackles, "Pansy isn't pretty, but she's hot. Tell me, Granger, what do we not know about you and Malfoy?"

"I told you, Patil, we're friends! Get that through that stupid skull of yours."

"Me, stupid? I asked for your help before, Granger. And you failed me !"

"What?"

"Don't act dumb, no one can fall for your fake, pathetic tricks anymore," she sneered.

"What are you playing on, Patil?"

"Remember how I was having a terrible crush on Harry during sixth grade? You promised me that you'll help me, but who did he ended up in the end? That stupid ginger girl who know nothing than just playing around with boys!" The girls around her nodded with agreement.

"Ginny didn't join your stupid community! She didn't gossiped around letting her emotions take over her, and mind you, she was a great girlfriend to Harry. And I was glad that she ended up with him!"

Padma took a few quick steps forward and shoved Hermione, then add a satisfying slap onto her face.

Before Hermione could react and take her wand, Padma pulled it out and threw it towards her group of friends.

Hermione clumsily wobbled to get it back desperately. The rest of the girls formed a circle, running around tossing her vine wood with a dragon heartstring core wand in the air like it was a beach ball.

"Come and get it, Granger! Bet you can't beat us without having it," one of her friends snickered.

Hermione lunged forward and made an attempt to grab it, but she failed and it was caught by Padma.

Before she could run to her, Padma's hands gripped onto each end and pressed it down, bending the middle.

Snap! Hermione watched in horror as the two pieces dropped out from Padma's sweaty palms, landing onto the cold floor. Her wand was gone.

"Why, you -" she said angrily, then charged at Padma to push her.

She reacted quickly and pushed her back, as they ended up rolling across the floor. Padma reached out and pulled her braid, making it loose and her hair fell everywhere.

Hermione had to physically attack her now. She pulled the frizzy black hair, clenching her jaw till she could feel her set of teeth vibrating.

Someone gave her head a hard kick. She howled as the pain passed quickly to her entire head. Then things got worse.

Padma lifted herself up, the girls pinning Hermione down with her legs so she couldn't kick free. Then they gave strong kicks from the back, stomach, head till she was sure she wasn't going to survive it. Sad painful tears poured out and she cried out for help.

At the blurry side of her watery eyes, Hermione spotted Draco and Pansy walking, smiling until they saw her, completely helpless over seven girls. Her energy was drained out.

Draco parted his mouth, then rushed over to help, but Pansy pulled him back, whispering loudly to him. Hermione couldn't hear their conversation because of the screeching and insults she was getting. Also, having all these happening, she couldn't focus properly.

She could see him protesting, but Pansy pointed at Hermione, shouting at him. His face was numb.

Then, without stealing another glance at the bruised muggle born girl, Draco walked away, pretending that he'd never seen any of it.

Hermione blinked back her tears. Why was she so disappointed? That ferret couldn't possibly help her in this situation, could he? But she knew the answer straight away. He could helped her, get Hermione to the infirmary and report it to some random professor. But he chose to not do anything because his slutty girlfriend told him not to. Did he really loved her over to the point where doing the right things seemed wrong when she told him?

Another electrical pain kicked inside, her nerves stretching tightly. It was unbearable.

"Who's better now? Feeling pathetic?" Padma grabbed onto her messy hair,"Apologise to me."

"I-I'm sorry," she choked. Padma smirked.

"This should teach you a lesson about how you not -"

"WHAT IS GOING ON?" a loud voice boomed and it was the last person that Hermione think that would help her, appeared.

Professor Bradford took loud footsteps and gripped onto his wand firmly,his eyebrows turned down.

"Professor Bradford! I can explain -" Padma tried to covered up, but she was interrupted.

"Physically abusing in Hogwarts, is unacceptable!"

"But I didn't mean -"

"Enough! You, Slytherin prefect! Get Ms Patil and her little annoying girls to Professor Mcgongall, while I take Ms Granger to the infirmary."

The sandy haired boy slytherin frowned and groaned. He mouthed something to Padma which made her twitched her mouth angrily. The group trotted off to the Headmaster's office .

Hermione whimpered as Professor Bradford heaved her arm, then drag her to the infirmary, leaving trails of blood that dripped from her forehead onto the ground.