Chapter 35

Hermione didn't know what happened. Her vision was blurred and her wrists felt the coldness of metal chains.

The air was freezing around her. Hermione groaned and tried to rubbed her head, but her hands wouldn't budge.

She rested like this for a while until the pain in her head eased. Hermione opened her eyes and found herself in a room, the gray walls were scraped, and the floor was rusted.

Where was she? How did she end up in here again? The first person that came into her mind:Edward Harris. Surely he had something to do with all of this. Hermiome wanted to go back to Hogwarts. She hated being locked up in this cold, smelly room with no passage way to get out from here.

How long had she passed out? An hour? Three hours? Hermione needed to find an escape route even if it meant endless tiredness.

Just as she was thinking of ways to get her hands out from the metal chains, the ceiling rumbled and the sound of creaking metal echoed in the empty space. An old ladder flopped down from a square hole and a boy descended from it.

Hermione yelped in surprise. "Edward! Quick, release me, please!"

He walked slowly to her. Hermione realized he had just changed out of his attire to a blue shirt with a white button one tucked into his black long pants. Edward smiled at her.

"I'm afraid I can't."

She wriggled her hands."What do you mean?"

"You're staying here.. For as long as you could."

"Why? What's going on?" she shouted at him.

"I'm keeping you locked up," he smirked at her, hands into his pockets.

"Why would you do that?"

"You know.. I can't believe that you lied to me.." his expression turned serious.

"Lied to you? I haven't -"

"Shut up!" he kicked her in the stomach, her rib cage pressing against her flesh. Hermione whimpered because of the sharp pain coursing through her chest.

"You said you love Ron Weasley! But, what happened after that? You dated Malfoy. And all this time, you just wanted to get rid of me, didn't you?"

"What? No-"

Another kick made Hermione yelled in pain. Her stomach seemed to jiggled upwards into her upper body. It hurt a lot.

"Don't deny it, and if you dare to lie again, I'll cut your pretty face."

She made a sound like a wounded animal.

"Now, why don't we play a game?" Edward drawled, reaching out into his pocket.

Hermione caught a glimpse of a shiny blade. Her body trembled as she knew what was going to happen.

He sat across her, cross legged, and pulled out the knife he had with him.

"Bring out your hands.."

"What - no! I mean, wait -" she sputtered but he didn't waste any time to listen to her talk. He yanked them out and laughed.

"Let's see.. You'll have to answer each of my question, and if you don't.. You don't want to know."

Hermiome was sure that her voice would tremble so she simply nodded her head.

"Why did you chose Draco when you could've had me?"

"I-I hung out with him a lot. A-and I fell for him."

Hermione screamed as the cold icy blade dug into her skin until her blood seep out from the cut.

"Why? That's just so unfair. Have you ever thought of what I felt?"

"N-no.. ARGGHH" Hermione sobbed loudly as tears fell, sliding down her cheeks.

Two cuts had appeared on her soft skin. The blood seeped out slowly like it was clog somewhere. Her skin had also turned icy pale.

"You're staying with me. Forget Hogwarts," he smirked evily.

"I don't want to! Please stoppp," she cried as the third one came.

"You have to. It is your punishment.. You deserve it, Hermione. Be a good girl now and don't try to escape. You're way too far,"he laughed and continued.

Hermione screamed and kicked, but he only did worse things to her. As soon as he was done with that stupid game of his, Hermione lean back to the cold wall in sheer exhaustion. How long was she going to stay here? Will she make it out alive? Where was she and how far is she from Hogwarts? Surely there must be a way out... My hand.. Its covered in cuts and I can't find any water to clean the blood. It hurts like a sharp thing dug into her nerves and it prickled, making it itchy too.

Someone help.. My wand's gone.. Who will find me? What would Draco think? Will he care? W-what if Edward went to find him? He could be in danger too..

Hermione curled into a ball and cried as the pain continued till the morning sky rise above her. Sadly, she didn't have the chance to see it.