Chapter 16

Hermione heels were going to be swollen. Her dry skin were definently peeling off, and her shoes were pressing against it hardly. But she didn't bother to massage it.

Her wand fell off and rolled down the hill and unfortunately, she went down with it. Maybe if she was more careful and not get that excited, Hermione should be fine.

Her ankle hit on a rock, causing her to lose balance and fall, her hands slammed against the soft grass and her body rolled towards the downhill direction.

Her face was mushed against mud and smaller rocks, and she squeezed her eyes shut.

She finally stopped. A few brooms swept pass her limp body and she groggily sat up, checking her injuries. There were a few cuts and splinters, but otherwise she's okay.

" Hermione!" Ginny shrieked across the field and she could hear the worry in her voice.

Hermione was too exhausted to shout back. She hold her knee as she walk while the red headed girl hopped down and race towards her.

The only thing that she saw was her shoulder length hair swaying behind the freckled face Ginny. She held her by the shoulders, "Hermione! You - rolled down that bloody hill!"

"I'm fine," she waved her hand in exasperation.

"Merlin, you look terrible."

"Thanks, now will you please help me?"

Ginny put an arm around her shoulder, lending her some strength while they walked to Neville and Ron, who was busy laughing with Cho to notice her fall.

"Hermione, what happened?" Neville clutched his backpack nervously.

"Oh bother, I just fell down and Ginny's overreacting."

Ginny rolled her eyes. "She forgot to say she roll down a hill, that's it."

"Can I see the injuries?" Ron offered.

Cho Chang didn't look pleased, but she didn't stop him from taking Hermione's hand and helped her sit down.

She was getting all cozy by Ron that she suddenly forgotten about her wand who seem to always wandered off by itself.

"Wait, I need to go back and get my wand," she said hurriedly and slowly took her hand from him.

"Hermione! Don't, you're still unsafe. You might fall again," Ron snatched her hand back, looking firm.

Her heart leaped. There he was, being totally nice and caring. It gave Hermione the spark of hope of being together once again.

"Okay," she nodded while Ginny skipped and ran off to find it.

"I may have some bandages, always taking them around because Grandma told me to, you know. I always fell down last time - and I still do, actually," Neville admitted.

"It doesn't matter, we've seen your bravery, Neville," Hermione comforted him.

"Thanks, here you go."

Ron caught the rolls of bandages and started to work on it.

"Come on, Ron, she can do it herself, she's seventeen, mind you,"Cho Chang poked her face in.

Hermione was about to scold her, but Draco's words flashed in her mind.

"The first step is, to be helpful and remain friends. Just don't talk to him and try to damp out your jealousy

So she kept herself quiet." Let's be nice, darling. She's our friend, "Ron smirked at Cho and continue to wash her dry blood.

Cho Chang grumbled under her breath but she help tear the bandages. Hermione was grateful for that. But there's one thing that she couldn't wash it out of her mind. Ron called her darling.