Chapter 31

A week had passed. It wasn't that dramatic as she thought it would be. People treated her nicely, and Pansy, Cho left her alone. Well maybe a few eye rolls.

She had a great time with Draco. They spent all their time on each other, and they purposely sneaked into the library at night just before it closes so they could just cuddled with each other. It was wonderful, until Pansy acted really strange.

During classes, Hermione would see her dissappeared to the girls bathroom for a very long time where even the professors noticed it. Draco wasn't very bothered by it, but he did ask around. She couldn't blame him. She was also his best friend, and Harry or Ginny would probably do the same.

"Psst, Hermione, Professor Flitwick is calling you -" Draco hissed.

She straightened her back, "Yes, Professor?"

"You seem sleepy and distracted. What have you been doing yesterday?"

Her cheeks flushed. The memories came back at once. Dimly lit place, cuddles, cold night, surrounded by books but mostly--him. She's not that stupid to tell the professor she'd been sleeping in the library with her boyfriend.

"Just had a couple of nightmares, sir," Hermione lied.

Draco snickered behind her, loud enough for the whole classroom to hear but fortunately, not Professor Flitwick.

"Well then, go wash your face, and you'll be fine."

Hermione nodded, getting up from her seat. She walked down the corridors and she could smelled the shampoo from the toilet. The toilet walls felt cold, and the seats were scraped off like metal, revealing a dark brown colour.

Turning on the cold metal tap, she stick her hands together and the water poured down into her palms. Shooting it upwards, she splashed herself and the water dripped down. It felt refreshing.

Just as she was about to leave, a sob could be heard. Hermione stopped, then scanned the cubicles and spotted one locked, and it was the only place where the sound had came from.

"Hello?" she said aloud. There was no reply. Hermione's curiosity got the best of her and she made her way to the cubicle next to the locked one. Stepping on the toilet seat, she tiptoed on the fragile white plastic and hurled herself up.

What she saw almost made her screamed. Pansy sat on the toilet seat, cursing herself softly and fresh blood trickle from her hands and legs. But she didn't seem to care. In fact, she kept doing it, muffling her screams with silenco.

Hermione slowly crept back. Sure, she hate this snob but this was just pure torture. Her heart felt so bad now.

Hermione returned to the classroom, looking more distracted than before. She was picking on her quill and writing nonsense on the scroll of parchment until the class ended.

She couldn't be more relieved when Pansy came back, badly shaken but she was smiling at Blaise.

"Hey, what's wrong?" Draco asked, after they were heading out.

"No, nothing - it's just that I'm tired," she lied and smiled.

"Huh, okay, get some rest," he said, and his hands searched his pockets, "Oh dear! I've forgot my wand!"

"I'll wait here, you go get it," Hermione quickly said, then he dashed off to do so.

She was standing, saying hi to people when someone tap her shoulder.

"Ron?"

"Hey, Er, nice to see you." he rubbed the back of his neck, looking embarrassed.

"You see me everyday," Hermione grumbled.

"Oh, right! Haha, how stupid of me."

Hermione narrowed her eyes at him. Then, she couldn't help it but laughed. He was the same old Ron she knew before he had turned into an emotional wreck. Probably worse than her.

"Hey, er, I was wondering if you have any free time to talk.."

"About what?" she asked suspiciously.

"You know.. About us.."

Hermione let out a deep sigh. "Look, what happen.. It wasn't anyone's fault, alright? You've moved on with Cho Chang and what not.. We can still be friends, but not in a relationship anymore,Ron."

His eyes looked down. "You're right.. But -"

"Hey hey, what's going on?" Draco appeared, looking rather crossed at the both of them.

"Calm your nerves, Malfoy, I was just talking," Ron said irritatedly.

"Yeah right, Weasel. Don't flirt with her," he spat.

Ron was looking like he wanted a fight until Draco grabbed onto Hermione's hand and dragged her along.

"Ow, ow! Hey, don't be angry, he was just saying we could be friends."

"Friends? Some crap he said! Come on, you're leaving him. Stupid Weasel," Draco muttered.

Hermione quietly nodded, then walked off with him back to his common room.