Chapter 4

Hermione didn't know why he got distracted. It was common for Ron to kiss her, so why did he looked so sad? Harry flew down and helped Draco up. Girls screamed in horror and ran down to check on him. Pansy pushed through the crowds,occasionally digging her nails in other girl's arms and shrieking loudly. 

Ron and Hermione came down the stadium and take a look at Draco. "Oh Merlin,it hurts." Draco let go of the snitch and examined his broken arm. He winced as he tried to move it. 

"Well Malfoy, we don't have that brilliant Professor Lockhart anymore to make your arm go jelly now." Harry said jokingly, and told Ron to call the Professors to come. Hermione poke her head through people and saw him sitting on the grass, his eyes not leaving the ground. He wasn't being dramatic like third grade, shouting : It's killed me ,it's killed me! "

Hermione didn't meant to smile and giggled. People turn their necks and looked weirdly at her like she had turn into a human-cat during second year. Draco looked up and stared at her. Hermione cleared her throat and broke contact, disappearing into the crowd to look for Ron. 

"Babe!What happened?Oh ,your arm looked bad."Pansy crossed her arms and twitched her mouth. "I'm fine, just a little bruised." he said.

"You broke your arm,Draco! Madam Pomfrey knows what to do. Someone help him up and take him to the infirmary. Harry and where's the head girl - Ms Granger! Help escort Mr Malfoy, please."Professor McGonagall said.

Hermione looked startled. "Me,Professor?"

Draco looked a little annoyed. "Yes,you. Who else is Ms Granger?"

"Oh."Hermione muttered, clearly bothered. Harry supported his left arm,which left Hermione with the broken one. 

"Mudblood don't you dare do anything to him-"Pansy was cut off by Professor McGonagall. 

"Language, please! Parkinson, you can do a very good job by going back to the slytherin's dorm room."
Pansy looked disapprovingly at Hermione. 

"Pansy,go back. You can visit me later,okay?I won't go anywhere."Draco gave her a small smile. Some girls gasped and blushed but Pansy tilted her head high. 

"Hmph!Fine,Draco. Be safe."and she stormed off ,Zabini and Greengrass on her trail. 

Hermione carried his arm and heaved him. He felt like heavy gold,and Draco struggled to balance himself even if he didn't injure his legs. The three of them walked out of the quidditch pitch, back inside Hogwarts. 

"Great job,Potter. Your skills never lack."Draco praised Harry. 

"Says the one who practiced all day long. Are you trying to get more girls to crush on you or- trying to win the house cup?"

"Hm. Both."Draco shrugged. Arrogant ferret, she thought. 

"Hermione," Harry's voice interrupted her thoughts, "do you have anything to say to our quidditch champion here?"

"What? Er, good job, ferret."

Draco winced at the sharp pain that surged through his arm. "You can do better, Granger."

"Oh sure I do. Your flying totally improve, and oh! so many girls wanted to date you,which cause a whole lot of drama ,thanks for that too, and punching you in the face was totally worth it."

"I'll go with the first one, thank you very much." Draco said. 

"And since when did you call me Granger? "

"Would you have prefered me calling you mudblood?"

"No." 

"Oh cut it!We've reached the infirmary. Hermione, take him. I've got some explaining to do."

Hermione jumped so high that Draco hug his arm as she accidentally push it. "WHAT?Harry,come on !" 

"Sorry, he's not that bad,trust me."Harry patted her shoulder. 

"But I don't trust you , and he is that bad!" 

"Hey,I'm here. Please hurry." Hermione groaned and use her full strength and took him. The infirmary was empty. Hermione smacked her head as she remembered Madam Pomfrey rushing towards the Gryffindor's tower to retreive some medical tools stolen by some cheeky fellas. 

"You have to wait, ferret. I'll leave you here." Hermione made him sit and he actually listened to her. 

He grabbed her wrist. "Don't leave me here. My arm hurts." Hermione got a little frustrated. 

"Do you want me to call some girls for you?or Pansy ?" 

"None of them. I need rest." Draco rolled up his sleeve and checked the injury. She saw a deep cut on his wrist, and Hermione knew she needed to do something. 

"Stay still. " she rummaged through a medical trolley and found bandages. She slowly poured cold water from her wand,washing off the blood. 

"Lady,are you sure you know what your're doing? I'll die and you'll be responsible.Or maybe the girls in this whole school." Hermione try not to stare at his gorgeous features as she worked,but it was hard as he kept staring at her. 

"Yes,I do! I help my boyfriend all the time,that clumsy guy." 

"That Weasley? Why are you dating him if you are annoyed and frustrated?Just leave him, it's best to do so as soon as you can."

"Why would I date him? He's the only guy I ever wanted. And so it remains for all this time. Why didn't you break up with Parkinson if you didn't like her?" 

Draco glared at Hermione. "I love Parkinson. that's why I never left her." 

"Right. Madam Pomfrey !I'm here to help you again!" 

She watched as Madam Pomfrey drag a ginger head with her. "Ron?"Hermione croaked. She let go of the bandage and let it hung loosely on Draco's arm. He watched her rush over to Ron and held him. 

"Ronald Weasley! What happened to you?" Hermione held back a sob and carassed his forehead. Blood gashed out from the left and his nose seemed broken. 

"That boy got in a fight with Mr Finnigan." Madam Pomfrey shooked her head sadly. 

"That bloody Finnigan punched me first!"

"Oh never mind, let's get you treated." Hermione supported his arm and carry him to one of the bed.

"Lay down, and don't move." she took a wet cloth and press it to the wound, giving Ron instructions to hold it while she work on the ointment and bandage.

"Isn't this the slytherin champion? Well, let me help you, boy." Madam Pomfrey said.

"Bloody Malfoy is here. We're not going - to be safe." Ron croaked.

"It doesn't matter, stop moving!"

*******
"Can Ron go now?"

"Ah wait, let me check. Mm, yes he's safe from harm. You've done a good bandage there, young lady."

Hermione blushed. She always tried not to look too proud of herself.

"Thank you, MadamPomfrey. I'll bring Mr Weasley back to his dorm."

Hermione entwined her fingers with him and before she could walked out the door, Madam Pomfrey called out to her.

"And do please visit Mr Malfoy every day, I have not seen any of his mates here - oh! Here we go."

A crowded mix of Hufflepuffs and Slytherins girls came rushing in the room, holding flowers and sobbing.

"Excuse me, you sick girls! We have patients here!"

Draco frowned and lay back on his bed, still fiddling with the bandage Hermione used.