Chapter 37

Hermione was starting to lose her hope. For four days her brilliant mind hadn't think of a way to get out from this miserable place, and her legs, hands were used like cutting boards.

She couldn't sleep at night, either. Her lungs felt dry and tired for all the screaming and crying she made. Edward only came back during the night, where he tossed her the most, two toasts of stale bread and a cup of water. She had to bend down to the ground and eat like an animal, which he found amusing.

Hermione knew he was back at Hogwarts. He had just left and she could hear a wooden door creaking upstairs twenty minutes ago.

She was hungry and tired. Surely she would looked terrible but Hermione didn't mind. Edward Harris was clever enough to not place any sharp objects here, so she couldn't escape.

Hermione slumped onto the ground. Her knees were soaked with her own dried blood and so were her hands. This was the most painful experience she will ever had in her life. Providing if she make it out alive here.

Hermione tried to stand, but her knees throbbed with sharp pain that she kneeled down the ground again.

She was so exhausted that she slept and took a nap, going into another  dream.

Hermione appeared in a dark room, a candle burning brightly at the corner like someone was here. She recognised it at once, it was a hidden classroom at Hogwarts which contained something, but she had forgotten. What was it again? The memory was a little fuzzy.

She moved closer and gasped. The person she loved sat cross legged in front of the mirror of erised, staring at his desires. He looked like he haven't slept for a few days, messy uncombed hair and black panda eyes.

Draco whispered something to himself, but she couldn't hear it. Hermione made herself closer  and sat down next to him.

"Where are you?" he mumbled.

Hermione's heart pound. He couldn't possibly be looking for her, right? He didn't cared about her anymore.

"I almost forgot how you looked like. I'm afraid I will. So I came here and there you are.. Smiling and holding hands with me like we used to."

Hermione shed a few tears. She reached out to touch him, but he couldn't feel her. He didn't know she was there listening, even if it was in her dream.

" I'm here!"she desperately shouted.

"I'm so sorry, maybe if I hadn't broke up with you then.. You'll be alright. I'll see you everyday and we'll be together."

"Draco.."

He stomped out the classroom, putting his cloak back on again, and ran outside to the quidditch pitch.

She followed him. Hermiome saw Harry and she shouted his name, but he didn't seem to hear her, either.

Professor Mcgonagall almost looked like Draco, surely she haven't slept for long. Others seemed fine to her. The kids giggled and passed through her transparent body, like she was some sort of ghost.

"HERMIONE, COME OUT!" he shouted to the forbidden forest but there was no reply.

"I'M SORRY, ALRIGHT? I DIDNT MEAN TO MAKE YOU LEAVE! PLEASE COME BACK.." and he buried his face into his hands. She watched as a few drop of tears fell to the soil below him.

Hermione tried not to feel heart ache.
She walked closer and wrapped her arms around him. She could almost feel the warmth he was giving, but it felt like wearing gloves touching a warm cookie.

"I'm going to come back. I promise you'll get to see me once again. And perhaps if something misfortune happens, I'll be here.. In your heart."

"Is that -"

"Shshs. Look at me, I know you can't see me, but you can feel me, right? I'm going to write something and give you a hint."

Hermione bent down and trace the wet soil with her soft fingers. She quickly wrote something, then went to him.

"Be patient.. I'll come," and she kissed him before her hand started to fade away.

"I love you so.. Mmmuchh..." and her entire body float away with the wind, leaving him there touching his lips as if someone had gave him comfort.

He clenched his fists and stared in surprise at the ground that wrote :Edward Harris took me.

*********
Hermione woke up, crying. She had to get out of here. He's waiting for her back at Hogwarts.

She eyed the metal rings. She pulled at them until her wrists started to ache, but one of the metal rings fell loose.

Hermione continued to tug until all the metal rings came out. She was finally free to go but the heavy metal might slow her down while she break into a run.

She climbed the broken walls, enough for her feet to put her extremely light weight on the bricks and slowly she forced herself to bust out the rusted trapdoor.

She heaved herself up one last time and rolled over. The sun was setting slowly and she had to quickly run.

She was in a very small house with just a kitchen, nothing else. The stove sat a plate of sandwiches, and Hermione ignored her desire to run and stuff them in. Merlin, they tasted so good, even if it's just oat bread and creamy eggs.

There must be knives around here. As much as Hermione hated to see one again, the top of it will certainly be able to unlock it.

But there was none. Hermione couldn't bother to think, she quickly dashed outside and smell the flowers that had grown on the left side.

She missed the outdoors so much. But there was no time to appreciate it. Hermione ran down the slope and she screamed as a hand pulled her back.